IRTrans Problem / No Wiki anymore? (1 Viewer)

MP_Newbie

Portal Member
January 3, 2011
Home Country
Austria Austria
hi there,

i use a itrans-reciever and a mce-remote, and i have these problems with duplicate key-presses...

the link shown in the ir-trans-section in mp-configuration seems to be dead, only leads to the wiki-mainpage.

i also searched the wiki and the forum, but found nothing than hints to that (no more existing) article.

also tried and played around with timeouts, but had no luck there...

could someone help me out here please? ;)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi :)

We will need to look at the faulty link, but let's first try and get your system working.
    The new wiki page is located here, but I suspect the info you are looking is not there:
    IRTrans - MediaPortal Wiki

Please try below, in same order, and give feedback. Hopefully we can get required info in wiki.

1. Make sure you only have one remote selected in MP Configuration.

Then two possibilities I got from OLD forum posts.

2. Try this after making a backup:
    you need to edit the apps.cfg file in the irtrans folder and remove the following lines

[APP]*
    [ACTIVE]
    [TYPE]KEY
    [REMOTE]mediacenter
    [COMMANDS]
    1 [KEY]1
    2 [KEY]2[KEY]a[KEY]b[KEY]c
    3 [KEY]3[KEY]d[KEY]e[KEY]f
    4 [KEY]4[KEY]g[KEY]h[KEY]i
    5 [KEY]5[KEY]j[KEY]k[KEY]l
    6 [KEY]6[KEY]m[KEY]n[KEY]o
    7 [KEY]7[KEY]p[KEY]q[KEY]r[KEY]s
    8 [KEY]8[KEY]t[KEY]u[KEY]v
    9 [KEY]9[KEY]w[KEY]x[KEY]y[KEY]z
    0 [KEY]0[KEY]\SPACE
    OK [KEY]\ENTER
    ENTER [KEY]\ENTER
    LEFT [KEY]\LEFT
    RIGHT [KEY]\RIGHT
    DOWN [KEY]\DOWN
    UP [KEY]\UP
    CLEAR [KEY]\BACKSPACE
    [END-COMMANDS]
    [END-APP]

3. Remember to backup the file first:
    remove the file apps.cfg from your IRTrans->remotes directory

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi MP_Newbie -
    I cannot reproduce your issue of the broken link from Config Help button. IRTrans is missing from my HelpReferences.xml so in my case it opens the main Configuration > Remote page in the Wiki.

What version of MP are you using? Can you check if you have a link to IRTRans in the HelpReferences.xml file (just click on User Config Files -top left in Config - and it should open the correct folder for you). If there is a link for IRTrans in your help references file, can you post it. Also, can you trying pressing the Update Help Option (on the Help button drop down) and see if that fixes it? Thanks!

I did miss copying that page from the old Wiki and I have done that now. So, much of the info rekenaar provided above should be there now. Thanks for catching that!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Dadeo, I was able to confirm. See screenshot:
    irtrans.jpg

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ahhhh Thx rekenaar - I missed that link! I thought you were referring to the Help button! That link (along with some others) is hard coded in Config (and should not be). The redirect does not work for it because in fact that page no longer existed in the old Wiki - it had been redirected from MediaPortalSetup_Remote/IRTrans to MediaPortal/Configuration/Remote/IRTrans ARGH!

For now I added new redirects for the original links, but we will have to figure out a solution to ensure all such links in Config are handled correctly!

Can you verify the new link is redirecting correctly now? Thanks

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Dadeo
    Confirmed working. Thanks.
    Also see my internal thread created just before your post here.

Kizi

Portal Member
    October 31, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello guys, I have a similar issue. Yesterday I had to set up my windows 10 system new. After installing the latest version of IR Trans version
    irserver Version: 6.10.21 and doing the mediaportal config I had this duplicate key press problem. I remembered that I have to edit the apps.cfg file in the described way.
    The problem was that I couldn`t find the file in the C:\programme\irtrans\remotes . There was a hint that the standard folder moved to another location. The problem was I couldnt found the new location. May the issue is that I am working with a German file system?
    Does anybody know where I can found the file ?

BR Bernd

Kizi

Portal Member
    October 31, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes it is 6 years old but I wouldn`t like to create a new one. If anybody knows the answer than please reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom