IS 3DMP dead? (2 Viewers)

fathead

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
I have just noticed Vanessa is banned & it would appear no more support for 3DMP, can anyone confirm this?

cano

Portal Member
August 26, 2006
Yep... i see in the news that vannesa have problems with some users (admins and developers) for delete a flame thread and post a font.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    sad, truly sad.....

I realy think all involved, show look close at how this could have escalated so quickly so badly.

BBQmyNUTZ

Portal Member
    January 29, 2006
    Damn shame... her skins are excellent, far more professional looking than anything else mediaportal currently offers.

Heavy hands and tight pants are not condusive with getting things done.

Kai

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    BUT we do not need to envy any other HTPC sw out there either.. no one up to date has a really good looking GUI ;D but then again we can not complain.... we are free to make one - now i know i have a good eye for a good clean layout - if only my Photoshop skills were a 1000 times better :D

cano

Portal Member
    August 26, 2006
    sad, truly sad.....

I realy think all involved, show look close at how this could have escalated so quickly so badly.

It's true... maybe if the team speak with her, mediaportal could have that missing "female touch" :D ... anyone agree?

wishywashy

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2005
    Hill AFB, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Let her and the whole subject rest. Venessa showed us what skins could be, let's move on.

I personally hate to say that one skin is better then another. All the spare time and effort that someone puts into a skin is amazing. For starters there are over 150 XML files to tweak and add functionality. Not to mention all of the graphics that are created and recreated.

Media Portal was there before her and is still going strong after her.

Hate to sound cliche, but... "Long live Media Portal!"

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Excellently put on all levels wishywashy. Skins more than any other contribution get discarded and bashed and I've always found it difficult reading such comments, a bit of diplomacy goes a long long way.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    All I hear is "Well maybe you should have been diplomatic" and "It can't have been that big a deal", etc. But this mostly comes from people who do not have the full story and did not see the posts that were made at the time, like the repeated posting of copyrighted material, even after she had been politely asked not to, and refusing to talk about issue in PMs, instead making everything ugly and public. Nice skin or not (personally I didn't love it) I think it is time to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread