Is Antec Fusion Remote and Fusion 430 Silver the same? (1 Viewer)

cecolon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The question is stated in the topic. I have seen both names, appearing on different sites (seems like the 430-name is the oldest one), but in pictures they seem the same. Are there any differences (possibly a new version, upgraded display, or only a new name)?

AntecRep

December 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Fusion Remote includes a remote control

Not the same thing. The Fusion (aluminum faceplate) and Fusion Black (anodized aluminum faceplate) refer to the color of the front bezel.

A number, such as 430, indicates that a power supply is included with the case and its continuous wattage rating.

When you see a Fusion Remote, that is our current model and comes with the remote control and media handling software included. Sorry for any confusion.

cecolon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks, nice to see a Rep for Antec here :)

What are the differences regarding IR receiver and display? I want to buy one of the Fusion-cases, but it is important that the compability for IR and display is good - and that I don't have to use a bloated driver or maybe some special HTPC-software shipped with the case to use it. Are any of these cases better supported by, say, MediaPortal?

promy

Portal Member
    December 23, 2007
    @ antecrep: I bought the nex antec fusion black remote, but with the imon software (7,2) i cannot set the "keyboard" or "mouse" mode.
    In addition the "plugin" for the lcd is not configurable (not 7,2 or the 6,x wich came with the case), and as such not working in mediaportal.
    Any idea's how to solve these?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    promy,
    Please either send a PM or start a new thread. It's bad manners to take over some one elses to ask an off-topic question.

AntecRep, good to see some reps here, but if you choose to answer please either do in a PM to Promy or in whatever new thread he starts on the topic.

I'll have to start deleting otherwise, and I'm not a big fan of that.

Cheers,
    Marcus.

cecolon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I read that the Silver edition is better than the Black edition, regarding display (LCD vs VFD). This made me buy the Silver edition. Too bad this information is somewhat 'hidden', people are led to think they are the same except the color..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom