Is anyone using MediaPortal and Nebula DigiTV? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I have the nebula card. I am doing it in the reverse way to what you suggested, I use the nebula remote to control digitv as usual, and I use the remote control settings within digitv to control mediaportal.

http://www.nebula-electronics.com/support/help/settings/8.htm

Eg I mapped the play button on the remote to send "Y" to mediaportal, which will start playing a movie or an mp3 album etc. So I can now control mediaportal and digitv from the one remote and no longer need keyboard/mouse at all on my system. I can send you the reg file to add the settings for media portal into digitv if you want it.

Alcion

Portal Member
August 13, 2004
orphic2 said:
I have the nebula card. I am doing it in the reverse way to what you suggested, I use the nebula remote to control digitv as usual, and I use the remote control settings within digitv to control mediaportal.

http://www.nebula-electronics.com/support/help/settings/8.htm

Eg I mapped the play button on the remote to send "Y" to mediaportal, which will start playing a movie or an mp3 album etc. So I can now control mediaportal and digitv from the one remote and no longer need keyboard/mouse at all on my system. I can send you the reg file to add the settings for media portal into digitv if you want it.

Thanks, that is great. I was planning to try that. Would you mind to post your remote control configuration so that I/others could use it?. I could help you to complete it / debug it.

Just in case you did not see it, Nebula will release DigiTV version 3.12 the 15th of Dec 04. That is tomorrow :)

A

Anonymous

Nebula will release DigiTV version 3.12 the 15th of Dec 04

Yep I know, I am waiting to see it in action. I was running 3.12 Beta 3 for quite a while and found it to be the most stable/best release so far, I upgraded last week to beta 4 and ever since I am getting alot more static in the picture and sound so I am hoping the 3.12 Final will have fixed it again.

Anyhow I will post the config for nebula tonight when I get home, stay tuned....

Alcion

Portal Member
August 13, 2004
orphic2 said:
Nebula will release DigiTV version 3.12 the 15th of Dec 04

Yep I know, I am waiting to see it in action. I was running 3.12 Beta 3 for quite a while and found it to be the most stable/best release so far, I upgraded last week to beta 4 and ever since I am getting alot more static in the picture and sound so I am hoping the 3.12 Final will have fixed it again.

Anyhow I will post the config for nebula tonight when I get home, stay tuned....

3.12B4 was very buggy. I have been using a post b4 version and it is faster, uses less CPU and is more stable than b3.

Thanks for the config file. Let's see if we get more people using MediaPortal and DigiTV.

PS: You could also send your config file to Nebula to see if they are interested in including it together with WinAmp and PowerDVD examples.

A

Anonymous

Alcion said:
orphic2 said:

Hi orphic2, I am eager to try it. :).

Thanks.

Yeah yeah, i know i was going to but I have been kinda busy, people keep convincing me I should go out and drink beer instead :roll: I will try to do it tonight...

Have you got digitv 3.12.7 yet, i think its in high demand, its downloading at about 1k/sec...

Alcion

Portal Member
August 13, 2004
orphic2 said:
Yeah yeah, i know i was going to but I have been kinda busy, people keep convincing me I should go out and drink beer instead :roll: I will try to do it tonight...

Have you got digitv 3.12.7 yet, i think its in high demand, its downloading at about 1k/sec...

I fully support your frieds point of view, I should not have asked again.

I just got 3.12.7. In my case the download was fast. I will try it tomorrow because my pc is now recording a film.

Alcion

Portal Member
August 13, 2004
Alcion said:
orphic2 said:

I fully support your frieds point of view, I should not have asked again.

I just got 3.12.7. In my case the download was fast. I will try it tomorrow because my pc is now recording a film.
Don't upgrade yet. I had some problems with 3.12.7.

See: http://www.dtvforum.info/lofiversion/index.php/t12128.html

They are about to produce a new version: 3.12.8

A

Anonymous

Ok, the remote control codes to control media portal with the one-for-all remote through nebula's digitv are here:

http://kustom.customer.netspace.net.au/nebula.reg

Just save it and then double click it to add the registry entries.

On the topic of digitv, 3.12.7 seems more buggy than most betas! Its jittering sound and video heaps, and it now seems some programmed recordings display as 1 second long, and crash digitv when you try and play them. Time to rollback to one of the stable releases :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom