Is FireDTV tuner working in MP? (1 Viewer)

sajberman

Portal Member
April 11, 2005
Lindome
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is FireDTV DVBT tuner supported in MP?
I have been testing several MP versions through the years but nerver got it to work 100% with this tuner.
I always have to go back to MCE, but i really like to use MP in my htpc.
I am now testing 1.1.0 and i still have problems using my FireDTV tuner, especially after sleep mode.
MP locks up and is "not responding" after sleep or hibernation when going into TV mode.
All other modes (video, music etc works fine)
I have tested it on Vista SP1, Vista SP2 and Win 7 and i have the same problem.
I think i have have tested all the settings that is recommended in this forum without luck (but maybe not the correct combination).
I have tested with basic installation and only configured TV server channels without powerscheduler or any other plugin, but no luck.

FireDTV viewer, DVBviewer and MCE works perfekt with TV but never MP.
I am beginning to think that MP doesnt work really well with FireWire tuners?
If i dont get it right this time i will go for another solution, maybe hoping for the new xbmc tv server coming soon or skip the htpc thing.
So i am really desperate for help this time!

If you want i can post my logfile but i need some basic information first if the tuner is supported at all or if anyone has the same problem with FiteDTV,FloppyDTV tuners.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well mine used to work - even (when it was possible) used one for Sky.

Since DigitalEverywhere, shut up shop my tuners have died (in sympathy?) too, couldn't get them fixed/replaced so I'm using others [Hauppauge] now.

I had the DVB-T and DVB-S2 versions - two of each.

But they worked fine for a few years, no problems with them, more with my understanding of how to set up MediaPortal (and I still get it wrong even now).

emphyrio

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2007
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using FloppyDTV, as I always understood this is exactly the same hardware as FireDTV except for the box around it. And I've been a happy user for years. But, I'm still on Windows XP. I did try Win7, but i only gave me headaches. So maybe you could give it one more try with WinXP. TV works fine, even the HD channels.

sajberman

Portal Member
    April 11, 2005
    Lindome
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am beginning to think that my problem is not at all related to FireDTV.
    I installed MP 1.1.0 at another computer at home (without a tuner) and did get the same problem.
    I select MyTV and everything is fine (but no channels is of course configured). I put the htpc to sleep and resume from sleep.
    Wait for 10 seconds and select MyTV and MP hangs and is not responding.
    It must be some MP setup that i don't do correctly or that MP refuses to work with AMD systems :)
    Both systems are AMD but different motherboards (ASUS AM3 and Gigabyte AM2+) and different internal graphics chip.
    I cant get this figured out and i have tested everything, changed windows VistaSP1->VistaSP2->Win7, installed all updates of all 3rd part drivers and all windows updates.
    I have tested MP in default mode, and with different config and plugins but still the sam problem. I guess soon it is bye,bye MP for good.

emphyrio

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2007
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's too bad. I think, if you'd want to make a serious effort to install and configure it properly, you could get it working. Forum members here are usually quite helpful. Your posts so far do not contain any real questions, except for the one if FireDTV is working for anyone (which it is for several people). If you need support, you'd best ask well defined questions and post logs along with them.

It's your choice if you want to bail out. Perhaps Win7MCE is better suited to your needs. You might of course run into the same troubles...

sajberman

Portal Member
    April 11, 2005
    Lindome
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your help emphyrio but i cannot believe that i am the only one having this problem.
    I actually installed MP 1.1.1. on a third PC and did get the same problem.
    And yes i like MCE just because its the most stable htpc frontend but that is probably the only thing i like about it.

MP should be my number one choice if the TV plugin were more stable.
    Maybe i should start a new thread and post my logs to get som help, the title in this thread could be a bit confusing because my problem is not FireDTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom