Is it just me or is it the new media portal? (2 Viewers)

stryker

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Fist off I do appreciate the efforts of the TMP team, its great to have something like TMP for free download.

However I had to make this post as something I love may be going a little down hill.

I dicovered MP when it were at version 0.2.0. Sure it had some quirks but it were snappy, fully of features and steady as a rock.

Now I'm looking at version 0.2.2. I don't know, I just don't get the same impression from this version.... it seems a little bloaty and slow (menus slower, hammers hard disk)... there are random show stoppers ie:

1) when watching dvds it will skip a chapter on its own.
2) scheduler process starts to gobble up all memory.
3) Plus numerous and random crashes of the application.

Question is: am I missing something really obvious, or is this the way V0.2.2.0 is, yet I can't find anyone posting to the fact?!?

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Running a clean install of 0.2.2.0?? I am and it's very stable, haven't experienced any of the things you describe..

Also an errorlog and/or what hardware you are running will help the developers (and others) pinpoint what might be wrong with your installation..

leesayer

Portal Member
    January 8, 2007
    stryker, im having the same problems mainly the dvd skipping, however i have been messing in the setup and for the last 2 days i have had no skipping. i would love to tell you what ive done to fix it but i dont no.

yogiman_uk

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Manchester
    Home Country
    Hi

Just upgraded to 0.2.2.0 and yep having simlar problems.

So far stops responding for short periods as though it's busy then has to catch up with whatever you've asked it to do since it decided it had something better to do.

Also TV stutter quite regular (didn't have that with 0.2.2.0).

Worst problem so far is MP just stops responding completely and I have to crash it out using Task Manager or re-boot the computer (this is happening a lot)

It was a clean installed but I am seriously thinking of returning 0.2.0.4 which worked really well with everything except onlinevideos which was the main reason for updating. However I think I can live without it if these problems can not be fixed.

Cheers (oh and mp team, this is not a moan its an observation, please keep up the good work you guys are top!).

Yogiman!

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    people - if you are reporting issues then you need to supply logs and full system specs otherwise nothing will be done.

yogiman_uk

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2006
    Manchester
    Home Country
    Would have posted a log but I have gone back to 0.2.0.4. I kinda wanted to watch TV tonight!

Maybe re-install at the weekend and post a log and full report.

But it kinda time consuming.

cheers

Yogiman!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

you can run 0.2.0.4 besides 0.2.2.0. Just make a copy of the folder, eg. MediaPortal_0.2.0.4.

Every help is appreciated. If you want to solve these issues, you will have to provide infos.

Thanks! :)

Flip.

zswman

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2006
    Mountain View, CA USA
    Hi,

you can run 0.2.0.4 besides 0.2.2.0. Just make a copy of the folder, eg. MediaPortal_0.2.0.4.

Every help is appreciated. If you want to solve these issues, you will have to provide infos.

Thanks! :)

Flip.

Hi, Flip - so, you're saying I can have two separate installs, down different directory paths, and then make my choice of which MediaPortal.exe I run(?) That would be great as I have been wanting to try 2.2 but I am afraid of losing my perfect installation of 0.2.0.4. Thanks!

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

not really different installs. Setup will be nagging, if you want to install 0.2.2.0 while not uninstalling 0.2.0.4....

But you can make a copy of 0.2.0.4 ((/MediaPortal_0.2.0.4/) before uninstalling 0.2.0.4. And you can still run 0.2.0.4 from your copy and then install 0.2.2.0 for testing.

Flip.

stryker

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    To all those asking for logs, I was not reporting the problems, only looking to gain general oppinion. I will probably now proceed to build the system from scratch O/S, everything in order to give 0.2.2.0 a fair chance.

I do however find it strange that a fair few people seem to suffer the same symptoms..... v.strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom