Is it possible to add background music? (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is there an developer API for that site by any chance? I had a 1min glance at the site and nothing jumped out at me.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is there an developer API for that site by any chance? I had a 1min glance at the site and nothing jumped out at me.

Sorry to sound a bit thick, but what is that?

API = Application Programming Interface

What it means is that otherwise MP-TVSeries needs to create a HTML scraper system to first go to the search.php page with a request, then await results, then interpret the HTML search results, then put in another request to obtain the actual the file. With an API system this is done at a higher level, not relying on HTML, but usually XML. A request is put in and all the information needed is given back in XML format.

For example this is the API system from TheTVdB used by MP-TVSeries to lookup TV show 'Lost' = http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Lost

It is just a much nicer way for a programmer to get the right results, because the creator of the API system explains in the API documentation what they expect and what they will provide. Otherwise it can be a nightmare to accomodate all the different combinations.

meesham

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 15, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've just had a quick look at the XBMC script and the guy has written a scraper, there's no API - his code is here: http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git...f=script.tvtunes/resources/tvtunes_scraper.py

How it seems to work is he does a text search at http://www.televisiontunes.com/search.php?searWords=%s&Send=Search where %s is the name of the show, a list of results (just show names) is then presented to the user and they choose which show it matches. He then calls http://www.televisiontunes.com/download.php?f=%s where %s is the selected show name which returns an mp3 file. It doesn't make use of TVDB IDs or anything unique, it's just text name matching that requires user interaction/confirmation.

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    +1

I would be satisfied with "theme.mp3" file to put in the series root folder.

Users who are viewing this thread