Is it possible to configure once for all PC's at home? (1 Viewer)

mpiwanna

Portal Member
August 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I and the kids mostly watch tv and recordings from PC's that are setup as mediaportal clients. The PC in the basement is the one that has the TV tuner and tons of harddisk to keep the recordings, but it rarely gets watched.

So my question is, I know that I have to install the plugin on all the PC's. However, can I do the configuration on the main PC with the TV tuner, have it get info from TVDB, etc., and setup the other PC's to read from the main PC? So the main PC will house and all the TVDB info/database. The others just read from this, including fan art, playlists, etc.

Please advise how I go about setting this up.

Thanks in advance.

Configuration: Mediaportal 1.0.2, Windows XP pro, SP3, 32 bit.

mpiwanna

Portal Member
August 7, 2009
Home Country
centralized databases

:D

Thanks - this is the second time you helped me Rekanaar.. :)

I'll give this a try...

mpiwanna

Portal Member
August 7, 2009
Home Country
issues getting recordings into plugin

i just got this setup.. the funny thing is, it does a good job getting info for the downloaded series but not for the ones I've recorded from mediaportal.

the downloaded files have season (s02) and episode (e04) in the file name.. thefefore, TV series can import it. however, with the ones i've recorded, the files have dates as in mentalist-2009-10-29. it seems that the tv series plugin is not able to identify which episode a recording is by the date. i thought it would look it up in thetvdvb by the date and pull the info.

If the above is not possible, that is OK.. but what i need to know is what info should i put in the filename for the recordings so that my tvseries gets the info.

here are the details in my epg: which info in the filename (ie - the dd number) will allow tv series to pull down the info from thetvdb?

<programme start="20091112220000 -0500" stop="20091112230000 -0500" channel="I2.28460311.microsoft.com">
<title lang="en">The Mentalist *</title>
<sub-title lang="en">Throwing Fire</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">While examining a crime scene where a baseball scout is found murdered, a ball hits Jane in the head and he flashes back to his childhood with his overbearing father (Nick Chinlund).</desc>
<credits>
<director>Martha Mitchell</director>
<actor>Simon Baker</actor>
<actor>Robin Tunney</actor>
<actor>Tim Kang</actor>
<actor>Owain Yeoman</actor>
<actor>Amanda Righetti</actor>
<guest>Nick Chinlund</guest>
<guest>Brent Sexton</guest>
<guest>Jude Ciccolella</guest>
<guest>Omar Leyva</guest>
<guest>Frank Gallegos</guest>
<guest>Ben Bledsoe</guest>
<guest>Alejandro Chaban</guest>
<guest>Lesley Fera</guest>
<guest>Gwen Holloway</guest>
<guest>Chris Brochu</guest>
<guest>Matt Cedeno</guest>
<guest>Abigail Mavity</guest>
<guest>Ellen Geer</guest>
<guest>Amy Crofoot</guest>
</credits>
<date>20091112</date>
<category lang="en">Drama</category>
<category lang="en">Episodic</category>
<category lang="en">Series</category>
<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP01058714.0031</episode-num>
<audio>
<stereo>stereo</stereo>
</audio>
<new />
<subtitles type="teletext" />
</programme>

I just looked at my recording options.. I can put %episode% in the filename but I see "<episode-num" listed in the EPG, but no <episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom