Is it possible to update only the (IMDb) Score and votes number? (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    Situation: My first movies I have imported about a half year ago. Now the score on IMDb could have been changed and also the number of vote(r)s. I modified some of the movies so if I do a full rescan the informations are overwritten. I would be thankful if theres a possibility to only update the score and vote numbers field. Can this be done in some way?
    Thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello!
    Situation: My first movies I have imported about a half year ago. Now the score on IMDb could have been changed and also the number of vote(r)s. I modified some of the movies so if I do a full rescan the informations are overwritten. I would be thankful if theres a possibility to only update the score and vote numbers field. Can this be done in some way?
    Thanks!

Yes, but you will have to modify the scraper you are using. The current scrapers ignore all the existing values, but it is possible to adjust them to be aware of any existing information, so that you can make them update only the fields you want changed, such as in your case score and voting. Inside config you can then select the first movie, hold down SHIFT key and press END key to select all movies and click on the green circle arrow icon to refresh all movies. There are some enhancement requests already on Google Code on this subject that will eventually get incorporated, including one that will automatically update your movies after X days for this exact purpose. So you either need to remain patient for those requests to get added, or modify your scraper.

Summaries however are adjusted over time as well to better reflect the movie, and missing info gets fixed on ocassion as well, such as taglines. So for most users the main issue is that they do not like their custom title edits or sortby adjustments to get lost when a movie is refreshed.

If you use English titles and info, then you can use the IMDb+ Scraper as it already has a solution for this, otherwise let me know what scraper you use and I can look into modifying it for you.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: Is it possible to update only the (IMDb) Score and votes number?

Hello!
    I am using this scraper: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/imdb-de-scraper-ofdb-de-summary-85159/#post643427 because it fits perfect for me. Maybe you can have a look at it. Would be very kind! =)
    Thanks!

Grab the attachment, I assume you already know how to install it, if not check the IMDb+ scraper link for instructions.

The function of the modified scraper is that on a fresh import it will work the same as the original scraper, but on a refresh it will only update SCORE and VOTES.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMDb.de with OFDB Summary 1.61.xml
      16.5 KB

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Is it possible to update only the (IMDb) Score and votes number?

Thank you so much!!!
    Gonna test it now. =)

EDIT: Works absolutly perfect! Thanks again!!

Cyrus1896

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2009

Hello Community,
    Hello RoChess,

are you able to add the following to the IMDB with OFDB Scraper you changed (who updates only the score if you update your movie twice):

- For my movies i need age certifications, in the past i used a script that dont get this informations. But i dont want to add all movies again. Are you able to add the german IMDB.de Certifications like 12 / 14 / 16 / 18 / KA like it is at the german IMDB.de page? So i can update my movies with the certification and Score and i have not to add all Movies again.

That would be great :oops:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: Is it possible to update only the (IMDb) Score and votes number?

are you able to add the following to the IMDB with OFDB Scraper you changed (who updates only the score if you update your movie twice):

Just remove the "<if test="${movie.certification=">" and matching "</if>" from the v1.61 scraper and it will force update on certification as well as votes+rating on a refresh of the movie, but leaving the rest (title, summary, etc) alone.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I guess Cyrus1896 means that you can get the german certification (0, 6, 12..) on the first time import. At the moment you get the uk certification (PG, R...)

Cyrus1896

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2009
    Thank you RoChess it works.

I think at the first import there are german certifications. But in the past i used a different scraper that gave me the english certifications. Now i can update the informations of all movies and the scraper only updates Score / Voters / Certification. And now all movies have the german certifications.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom