Is Launching External Possible with this App..? (1 Viewer)

AndyBaines

August 4, 2010
I've got Windows Media Center set up all happily and have Media Browser handling my TV Shows and movies but recently I've been looking into launching external programs/scripts from Media, does Media Portal have the possibility of accomplishing this or am I in the total wrong place to use this as a launcher too..?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Andy,

First off, MP (mediaportal) is a 'replacement' in the sense that it can do at least the same and LOTS more (of course you can have both installed) of your mediacenter and has tons of plugins to achieve things.
    What do you mean by 'launching external programs/scripts from Media'?

AndyBaines

August 4, 2010
    I haven't checked out how Media Portal handles videos/series etc yet so I may use it instead of MCE/MediaBrowser.

What I'm after is having old game covers when clicked on they will open the emulator/executable and run the game.

I have some knowledge with coding and scripting, worked out paths/commands so all games will boot straight up from running the script, just need to find a way of launching them easily without using a mouse/keyboard.

(Will likely use my 360 of PS2 pads when it comes to playing the games with the MCE remote to play with the browser/launcher.)

:)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    There are - I think - various ways to start external programs from MP and I remember having seen threads about starting games but since I'm not into that, I cannot got into detail.

In my case, I'm starting some batchfiles with the MultiSchortcut that I've linked to in my signature.
    I guess if you use the search function, you will find your answer about starting a game/emulator.

Hope this helps,

AndyBaines

August 4, 2010
    Thank you for the info, was on my iPhone earlier and couldn't come up with anything that seemed what I was after when searching.

Thanks again.

Andy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom