Is Media Portal and Orb compatible? (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Is Media Portal and Orb (www.orb.com) compatible? I have tested MCE2005 and Orb but these two products both try to lock my tv tuner cards. If I run Orb sometimes MCE get a problem and the opposite is also true. Someting with the tv tuner card not being released.

Has anyone run Orb and Media Portal on the same computer and got Live TV to work?

Would be nice to be able to stream live tv to my PDA at the same time as someone can use Media Portal and the TV.

I have dual tuners.

Best Regards
    Markus

THDBASED

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the new TV engine be able to do the things that Orb does?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think it might. I had missed this part about the new TVEngine. Thank you for the feedback.

Do you know if it will support SmartPhones and PDAs (Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0)?

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Not "out of the box" I don't believe. However, it does support multiple front-ends, so anyone could write one (as I understand it).

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've used all the functionality in Orb without a problem, XP Home and dual tuner Hauppauge here. Don't use it any more though, in New Zealand our upload speeds are awful and I'm limited to 128kbps, making video a waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom