Is MediaPortal running ? (1 Viewer)

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
You can do it by mutex or by enumerating the running processes. The first method relies upon you knowing the correct path to the application, the second depends upon you knowing the assembly name. Neither method are fool proof. Code relating to these two methods can be found in mediaportal.cs, search for m_Mutex.

The app I wrote that launches MP in response to the green button on the MCE remote handles it by enumerating the top level windows, again not fool proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank you for answering so promptly on July 4.
Thank you for answering so promptly on July 4.
My computer is running Windows 10 Pro . I have Comcast cable. I have a set top box. Installed in the computer is a Hauppauge...
Replies
Views
I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO GPIO driver. Installing that appears to have solved the remote problem. Who knew? Thanks to all who contributed to my solution.
I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO...
I just upgraded my HTPC to a 12th gen Core i5 CPU and Windows 11 running MP 1.30 (Ukraine). It works well except for two minor...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP 2 Server Service DE
Thank you Brownard for the suggested article - I hadn't seen that ... unfortunatly it did not output any tasks to stop ... :( Just checked, I'm actually on Windows 11 Home version 21H2 ... I'll keep googling to see what comes up .... if I find anything I'll post here .. Thank you
Thank you Brownard for the suggested article - I hadn't seen that ... unfortunatly it did not output any tasks to stop ... :( Just...
Hello - with MediaPortal 2.4 running on Windows 10 PC all is working well ... After a few weeks I noticed that I was repeatdly...
Replies
Views
Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install and I'm just using to blast channels to a Scientific Atlanta STB thats being decoded by an HDPVR. Everything works perfectly, but after some time (less than a day), it starts having an issue where the...
Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install...
Hello, I know this is an old product and i've been using since back in the MCE days! I have this running on a Windows 10 install...
Replies
Views
@Andy_2639 : I regret to say that I don't think that this problem will be fixed. :( As the years pass, the number of active members of the MP team steadily decreases, and as far as I know, there is no one in the current team who knows much about either SQL or TV Server. The problem will remain unfixed until someone who knows SQL...
@Andy_2639 : I regret to say that I don't think that this problem will be fixed. :( As the years pass, the number of active...
I updated my MySQL server from 8.0.28 to 8.0.29 and now the tvservice crashes on start. The attached log doesn't give me a clue...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom