Is MP the thing for me ? (1 Viewer)

gdekeijzer

Portal Member
July 22, 2005
Assendelft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm using MP for quite some time with an analog Avermedia M150 card.
Currently i've switched to satellite at CanalDigitaal in the Netherlands, which holds that lot of channels that are not FTA and require a card (which i have).
Currently my STB (a Philips) is controlled by MP 0.2.0 RC1 and the irblaster (yes, it works !!)

But i want to go completely to MP. So thats one or two DVB-S cards with CI.
Questions:
- Is MP still the product for me?
- Does MP support the CI ? which cam must i use
- Using 1 canaldigitaal card on 2 DVB cards in a legal way.

Searching this (and other forums) gave me more quiestions then answers.

Regards,

Gerwin

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
Replies
Views
Good work guys!
Good work guys!
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.1 After the release of MediaPortal 2.2 Final the team focussed on improving usability and...
Replies
Views
Morning all. Ok, seems it works now ... not sure if it was the 1.28 "Prerelease" version (I updated to 1.28 Release) or a mistake I made - only one TV instance per client on AVM's DVB-C repeater. Still, I hope either Hauppauge reworks their driver once they're aware Windows 11 causes trouble (again a new Windows which causes...
Morning all. Ok, seems it works now ... not sure if it was the 1.28 "Prerelease" version (I updated to 1.28 Release) or a mistake...
AVM FritzBox / WLAN Repeater DVB-C channel scan helper This is a new plugin for the current "TV Engine 3", which is the version of...
Replies
Views
Thanks! Yes I read that later, about Channel mapping..I will edit my post for that later tonight. About removing the CI assignments, may be this helps, I do not know, but right now all channels seem to work OK though.
Thanks! Yes I read that later, about Channel mapping..I will edit my post for that later tonight. About removing the CI...
Hi folks, Since I could not find any complete tutorial for the installation of my new Digital Devices (DD) DuoFlex C/C2/T/T2 V3...
Replies
Views
G
My apologies. I should have said they had an installer package for Windows 8. I did try both of the beta driver installers, but neither one of them would run under my version of Windows 10, even on the Windows 7 or 8 compatibility settings. So it looks like I'm confined to either Linux or sending the tuner back for a refund...
My apologies. I should have said they had an installer package for Windows 8. I did try both of the beta driver installers, but...
Hello! I'm contemplating getting a Ceton Infinitv 4 USB tuner to use with my desktop PC. As my system specs indicate, I'm running...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom