is new tv engine worthwhile??? (1 Viewer)

warney23

Portal Member
May 31, 2006
hi, i've been on a bit of a hiatus from the forums and the mediaportal website in general as i was extremely happy with the configuration i had obtained using the older tv engine.

Now i've come back there is all this new stuff like the new tv engine & tv server and i'm wondering what peoples opinions of the firstly the tv engine are and whether it is relatively stable, and is the server worthwhile when i only have one pc/tv setup?

I'm a bit dubious about changing something that already works for me when i spent so long getting it working the way i like.

Is there a way of saving my old config/setup so that i can go back if i can't get the new additions to work properly??

All sounds exciting, and great to see all the new developments, i've been recruiting alot of mce users to mediaportal and they are amazed (and slightly pissed) that they have paid for something when there is a better free option with so many more capabilities. Keep up the good work developers.

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using DVB dual tuner works better as I don't have to bother with all the crappy MS patches to get both tuners working at once. Plus, as I currently use my desktop for MP currently, its great to be able to record without firing up MP (or forgetting to), and being able to stream to my laptop (most of the time!)

This [thread=14787]thread[/thread] has a great tip on running several installs together so you don't have to nuke your previous install.

General feeling I get though is it works better for some people than others, depends on your setup I guess. I've had a about a weeks worth of headaches with it, but now its going great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom