Is StreamMP 16:9? (1 Viewer)

Maxamus

January 10, 2009
I tried StreamMP on my 1080p screen and i get overlapping text.

Is there a 16:9 version?

ftothe3

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
it is 16:9. works perfectly on my 1080p screen

edit: post a screenshot (press F11 in mediaportal)

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    It is 16:9 but is designed for 1366x768 resolution (the native resolution for most 720p screens). 1080p is, if you're doing 1:1 pixel mapping, 1920x1080. In most cases it will be ok, but you'll get some font issues like overlapping text. You can either switch resolution on your PC (probably not some thing you'd want), find a skin that is designed for 1080p, or mod the files yourself to fix the overlapping text - it might seem daunting, but it's all just text files, so shouldn't be too hard.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It is 16:9 but is designed for 1366x768 resolution (the native resolution for most 720p screens). 1080p is, if you're doing 1:1 pixel mapping, 1920x1080. In most cases it will be ok, but you'll get some font issues like overlapping text. You can either switch resolution on your PC (probably not some thing you'd want), find a skin that is designed for 1080p, or mod the files yourself to fix the overlapping text - it might seem daunting, but it's all just text files, so shouldn't be too hard.

In references.xml it says 1280x720 and not 1366x768. But it should scale well as long as the aspect ratio is the same.

As said by ftothe3 a screenshot would be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

??? :confused: Please, try with latest MP 1.33, not 1.30 and, all in debug logs to provide...
    ??? :confused: Please, try with latest MP 1.33, not 1.30 and, all in debug logs to provide...
    Hi Running MP1 - 1.39 for long while, no issues. 10th April [same time as 2024-KB5037036 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
    Replies
    Views
    That was it! :) I had to set it to "Maintain display scaling". I think it was set to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", which added black bars to MediaPortal when playing videos that didn't conform to a strict 16:9 ratio, I suppose. Thanks to everyone for the patience and help, I can finally enjoy videos fully.
    That was it! :) I had to set it to "Maintain display scaling". I think it was set to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", which added black...
    I'm running MePo in 1080p to my 4K TV (because my Intel NUC HTPC ain't powerful enough to run in 4K) and for some videos, I see...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is unmounted again by MP and therefore doesnt show up in the drive any longer. Example: [2023-10-16 18:43:04,367] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Start process C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on screen resolution changes, MP always fulfills the whole screen. Also, the home screen buttons size is adjusted. Only the font size is not adjusted to the new screen resolution.
    Thanks for your reply. In my configuration this setting is set to "no". To avoid misunderstandings, the MP window size changes on...
    I use two monitors - a large display for TV and video watching and a small display for music playback, to get the current track...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom