Is there a skin that allows you to disable video preview mode? (1 Viewer)

Jakobkraft

Portal Member
December 4, 2010
I know that StreamedMP doesn't have an option, though someone suggested there might be an .xml edit - but didn't tell me what it is:(

Anyway, I have a nephew who is constantly watching videos and then switching screens which automatically shrinks video into preview mode. Then on the Home screen he'll select the "Play Blu-Ray" shortcut I created with the Multishortcut plugin -- but when he does this, MediaPortal stays on top and PowerDVD is not brought to the front. If there is no video preview, then PowerDVD is in front and focused.

So the simple solution here is to disable the video preview entirely....is this possible? With any skin? With .xml edit, maybe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Are you sure problem is in video preview or in video player itself. I mean, I'm quite sure problem is there because MediaPortal is actually playing something.

There are few things you might wanna try:

1. There is a option to keep MediaPortal on top while video is playing
    2. There is a videoOverlay.xml in Skin folder. Try to remove whole control
    Code:
    			<description>video preview window</description>
    			<type>videowindow</type>
    			<id>1</id>
    3. Edit all skin files and set <allowoverlay>control.isvisible(9876543219)</allowoverlay>
    4. Instead of just calling PowerDVD from MultiShortcut, create your own script (EventGhost or AutoIt for example), that will first send stop playback command to MediaPortal (key B) and then open PowerDVD
    5. Ask framug, MultiShortcut author to add option to stop playback before executing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom