Is there a way to group videos on different drives together? (1 Viewer)

monkeyspasm

October 13, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Firstly, I think Mediaportal is fantastic - is has completely changed the way I use my PC!

I have 1 internal drive, and 1 external drive, both with DVDs stored on.

My question is, is there a way to view all the movies together, regardless of the fact they're located on separate drives. It only takes a couple of keypresses to navigate between the 2, but ideally I'd like to see my entire collection.

Even if there's no way to do this, I *heart* Mediaportal!

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
could use the database in the configuration in videos section, then they are all displayed together if you then want to change back just change the view to shares instead

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
February 15, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I would also like to have the ability to view my movie collection from only one share.

I have two harddrives full with dvdbackups ex. HDD 1: d:\movies
HDD 2: e:\movies

the way it is now i have to have two shares. isn't there any way to have one share named "Movies" that shows all the folders/files from both d:\movies and e:\movies. Maybe this require some kind of virtual file system???

is there maybe an app that can mount multiple drives in a single folder? xp will not let me mount in anything but an empty folder...

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Create a database in MP. Use DB views in Mediaportal. All your movies will be together then.

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    the database shows movies i do not have and movies that i have does not show up. Needs very much maintence, does not update automatically and is very annoying.

The thing with file view is that everything that is there shows up the way i want it to....

anvandarnamn

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    thankyou, looks like what i was searching for.

:D

Ok nfslink didnt do it for me, as it is not possible to add more than one junction in the same directory.... then i might as well use multiple shares in mediaportal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom