Is there a working IMDB scraper? (1 Viewer)

maximm

Portal Member
July 24, 2011
I am looking for a scraper that
* Gets the english titles
* Gets the correct IMDB score

Does such a scraper for IMDB exist? I tried the new scraper that should have fixed the IMDB score, but it gives me the movie titles in swedish.

I tried imdb+, but that gives me incorrect imdb scores for most movies, and still keeps giving almost halv of them 0.

Also, is there a way to completely clean the Moving Pictures database?

Edit: Found out that the IMDB scraper does what it can with languages, and imdb+ needs to change config to get imdb and not rotten tomatoes

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now I'm baffled, check your language settings if getting Swedish.

sshot-15.jpg

You mean like this, they are shown when you select movie title and do not have automatically play enabled in list\icon view.

21-13-48.jpg

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If you are configured for English but are getting Swedish text this is probably because of your region. IMDb (rather stupidly IMO) automatically picks a language for you based on your IP address. I have looked into this in the past and have been unable to find a reasonable solution...

My recommendation would to just switch to the themoviedb.org script if this is causing you problems.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I tried imdb+, but that gives me incorrect imdb scores for most movies, and still keeps giving almost halv of them 0.

The IMDb+ scraper uses RottenTomatoes scores/votes by default, but as you found out, this can indeed be changed to imdb.com rating, or even MetaCritics. Unfortunatly websites such as imdb.com, but also rottentomatoes.com keep making changes to their HTML code that break the scraper scripts. And such change was made to rottentomatoes so on some movies the rating indeed failed.

I've already fixed this, but I'm also working on some improvements so I did not get around a release yet. So I'll release a small update right now that fixes the ratings while continue working on the big improvements some more.

PS: The IMDb+ scraper solves the English title problem as well, and also supports movie grouping, as per:

MovPic.Scraper.IMDb+.png

To enable this you have to adjust a few options *BEFORE* you import the scraper (or enable scraper-debug mode before import and disable after import) otherwise any changes are not used. I'm actually working on making this easier with v3.2.0, but in the meantime I've released v3.1.7 that at least fixes the RottenTomatoes scores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom