Is there any way to bypass hardware encoding with ATI eHome? (1 Viewer)

ssubo

Portal Member
January 15, 2005
I'm trying to use my gaming console through composite input in my ATI eHome card. I disable timeshifting to avoid the 3s delay and now I still have a 1s delay which makes gaming impossible. I believe it must be something directly from the card (as I tried NVIDIA and DSCALER) and still get the same behavior.

Is there any way to bypass hardware encoding for composite input in the card itself?

Thanks a lot,

Ssubo

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    this may seem off topic, but depending on what you want to achieve it may solve your overall problem:

Why would you want to run your game console through your TV card? Your game console should be connected directly to your TV for best results.

ssubo

Portal Member
    January 15, 2005
    Only one TV input...

My TV has only one composite input, and that is the one I'm using to connect the PC. The only way to get another video signal in would be through the input in the same ATI eHome Wonder card... That is why I wanted to find a fix to this 1s delay...

Thanks anyway!

Ssubo

ssubo

Portal Member
    January 15, 2005
    It seems there is a workaround... I tried it with MCE 2005 and it worked! What I did is used a plugin for MCE 2005 that closes the MCE application and opens Dsclaer which was previously configured to capture from this card. After using the feed without any delay, I open the MCE application again and Dsclaer is closed, thus returning to normal MCE usage... Is there any way a plugin with this functionality can be created for MP? I believe it will make many of us extremely happy....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom