Is TVserver worth to install? (1 Viewer)

No-body

Portal Member
December 26, 2007
First of all Thank you all for a great program.

I use MP for 2 months now. From first install everything worked fine, some little bugs but no real showstoppers. Thanks for such a nice program.
About 3 weeks ago i suddenly got very bad stuttering when watching TV, could not find the problem but restored my first install and everything is running fine again.
The point is, my wife flipped when she couldnot use the the TV for a few days and it was very hard to give her trust again in MP.
Now i like to try TVserver, but i cannot risc the chance of faillure for some time again.
When i install TVserver are there still showstopping bugs? Or will i be safe to use it at my HTPC with only a remote?
Is the tvserver "wife"proof?

2nd question What are the pro's and cons from TVserver (i did read the wiki :))

My config:
pvr-150
mce-remote
XP-Pro-32
p4-3.0GHz
7600GT
1GB ram

Plugins:
Uitzendinggemist &TVrecordings

tompa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 3, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In my opinion absolutely (if u are using DVB-T -C or -S)!!

If u could tell us about your TV-card(s), provider and country? It might give u some more comments.

Is the tvserver "wife"proof?
    When its up and running, yes ;)

No-body

Portal Member
    December 26, 2007
    I'm using an analog Hauppauge pvr 150 card I want to buy a second card of this.
    My provider is Casema in The Netherlands. Digital would be to expensive for me, because i need Floppydtv with cam module (twice) for digital TV.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Wife proof is only my old sat receiver. I kept it because of this. This is a Windows based beta software, changed every day. It means it can´t be stable :) If it is running, my whole family loves it :)

TV-Server is great. It can much more than the built in one. But because of this it can be more buggy also, I guess. So I would not expect more stability with TVServer.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If you are only running analogue and have no issues with TVE2 ("built in"), then I'd recommend you stick with TVE2.

No-body

Portal Member
    December 26, 2007
    Thank you for your reply's, I will stay at the moment with The basic TVE2, i might try to create a dual boot so i can play with TVE3.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thank you for your reply's, I will stay at the moment with The basic TVE2, i might try to create a dual boot so i can play with TVE3.

EasyBCD + iReboot, really make setting up dualboot easy, and allow restart into the OS of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom