Is your menu missing text? Streamed MP solution (1 Viewer)

TE5LA

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've nearly gone mad trying to fix the problem I had of missing text in the Streamed MP basic home menu. I went as far as to reformat my system, installing XP instead of Vista. MP wouldn't play ANY of my hundreds of videos for some reason. I had all the right codecs, external players and even XBMC played them fine. So finally I reformatted (again) to Vista, but I still had the missing text in Streamed MP, my favorite skin. It is, by far, the skin that comes closest to what I want. There are still some overlapping text, like in the rating of a movie in Moving Pictures (anybody know how to solve?).

But on to my original purpose: Missing text.

Once I discovered the reason, it seemed really quite simple. I wish there had been something with the skin alerting me of this. It would have saved me a whole day. Maybe this will save others.

If you look in the Steamed MP editor, it has an entry near the top for an "X" position. This defaults to 325 and can be from 300-400. You need to set it to 400. That moves the whole menu slightly to the right, allowing for longer menu text. The reason the text was missing is it was too long, so the skin just doesn't display it. Shorten the text of your menu items so they will fit. Maybe it isn't feasible, but it would be nice if the editor restricted your text entries to what would actually fit in the menu. Based on the screen resolution and the font size, this should be possible.

Anyway, the key is, move the menu over and shorten your labels.

I hope this helps somebody.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've nearly gone mad trying to fix the problem I had of missing text in the Streamed MP basic home menu. I went as far as to reformat my system, installing XP instead of Vista. MP wouldn't play ANY of my hundreds of videos for some reason. I had all the right codecs, external players and even XBMC played them fine. So finally I reformatted (again) to Vista, but I still had the missing text in Streamed MP, my favorite skin. It is, by far, the skin that comes closest to what I want. There are still some overlapping text, like in the rating of a movie in Moving Pictures (anybody know how to solve?).

But on to my original purpose: Missing text.

Once I discovered the reason, it seemed really quite simple. I wish there had been something with the skin alerting me of this. It would have saved me a whole day. Maybe this will save others.

If you look in the Steamed MP editor, it has an entry near the top for an "X" position. This defaults to 325 and can be from 300-400. You need to set it to 400. That moves the whole menu slightly to the right, allowing for longer menu text. The reason the text was missing is it was too long, so the skin just doesn't display it. Shorten the text of your menu items so they will fit. Maybe it isn't freasible, but it would be nice if the editor restricted your text entries to what would actually fit in the menu. Based on the screen resolution and the font size, this should be possible.

Anyway, the key is, move the menu over and shorten your labels.

I hope this helps somebody.

This has caught me out in the past, though normally when I was using a non 16:9 screen.

Will add validation in the new vserion of editor to check in the menu x-pos will allow context/menu labels to be displayed, will cover the menu on 1280x720 but will not catch running on a 4:3 screen.

Thanks

TE5LA

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This has caught me out in the past, though normally when I was using a non 16:9 screen.

Will add validation in the new vserion of editor to check in the menu x-pos will allow context/menu labels to be displayed, will cover the menu on 1280x720 but will not catch running on a 4:3 screen.

Thanks

Great! Very responsive and love the skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom