ISDN CallerID and MP1.2 (1 Viewer)

amilewski

Portal Pro
January 14, 2007
Jelenia Góra
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,

so, we are missing ISDN CallerID plugin in core distribution of MP. Is it moved to plugin repository already? Is there anybody who can compile it for us and create mpe installation file?
I used this plugin for years and found it very useful indeed.

best regards

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: ISDN CallerID and MP1.2

so, we are missing ISDN CallerID plugin in core distribution of MP. Is it moved to plugin repository already? Is there anybody who can compile it for us and create mpe installation file?
    I used this plugin for years and found it very useful indeed.

We are sorry for your problems with the removed plugin.

We removed it, because no one in Team was maintaining it and someone offered to improve it, what actually did not happened.

Nevertheless the source code is still available in mp-plugins sourceforge project.

I built the project and created a MPE1 package, hopefully it is working for you. I am not able to work on the plugin itself, since I never used it. The MPE1 package will also not be in repository, until someone is actively working on it, since we can not guarantee that it is working without issues.

regards
    chefkoch

amilewski

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2007
    Jelenia Góra
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Re: AW: ISDN CallerID and MP1.2

Not a real problem just wondering about the future of this plugin, I understand your point very well - I used to work as a system designer for years...
    Thank you very much for building the project and creating installation package, yes it works for me and I'm happy MP user again. Just one notice to all interested in this plugin: if you want to use ISDN CallerID you must enable both plugins ISDN CallerID and YAC , I do not understand why but it is true, it did not work this way when plugin was included in standard distribution.
    This plugin is abandoned, as you said, will try my best to get it back alive. Have no C# experience but ... keep your fingers crossed.

best regards

nordlicht_68

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2005
    northern germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Moin,

many thanks to chefkoch to incude the ISDN plugins for 1.2.

But i have a little Problem (i know, the developer did not support this plugin ;-) The original autor "mPod" is not longer active for MP since 2008, i think.

amilewski: I use the plugin since a lot of years, too. Now, after i change to new Hardware (with the same FRITZ ISDN PCI Card an drivers!), my update to MP 1.2.0 Alpha, download and install the plugin(s) from chefkoch, activade both plugins (ISDN and YAC), i don´t become any notification in MP when the telefone-line ist calling and i see nothing in the mediaPortal log above the incomming call.

Have you any ideas what i have forgot? I habe the actual CAPI Drivers from AVM (Fritz) and the Fritz Monitor see the incoming calls. See youz anaything in the Mediaportal-log frim the plugin at start (bevore the first call come)?

Thanks

stephan

amilewski

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2007
    Jelenia Góra
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hello Stephan,

Have you defined your location together with your area code in control panel -> Telephone and modem Options applet ?
    This is mandatory for the plugin to work.

regards

nordlicht_68

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2005
    northern germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi,

thanks, but this is all OK. The same preferences as at my old System.

Now, i found this in the MP log:

{noformat}
    2010-11-24 11:33:17.234375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: stopping ProcessPlugins.CallerId.CallerIdISDN
    2010-11-24 11:33:17.234375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei ProcessPlugins.CallerId.CallerIdISDN.Stop()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Stop()
    bei MediaPortalApp.OnExit()
    bei MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)
    2010-11-24 11:33:17.234375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception :Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    2010-11-24 11:33:17.234375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: site :Void Stop()
    2010-11-24 11:33:17.234375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: source :CallerID
    2010-11-24 11:33:17.234375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: stacktrace: bei ProcessPlugins.CallerId.CallerIdISDN.Stop()
    2010-11-24 11:33:17.234375 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MediaPortal stopped due to an exception Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt. CallerID bei ProcessPlugins.CallerId.CallerIdISDN.Stop()

{noformat}

nordlicht_68

Portal Pro
    November 9, 2005
    northern germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi all,

so, i found the problem:

The file "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll" was missing under "C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal". I copy this file from my older installation to this location and the great plugin works!

chefkoch: Evt. könntest du diese noch in dein package mit einbauen?

Danke + Gruss
    sTEPHAN

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I uploaded a version 1.1 which includes the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll.

I also uploaded version 1.2 which is compatible with MediaPortal 1.2, because of changes in latest svn, which broke the plugin. This also should work with MP 1.1.

release archive: SourceForge.net Repository - [mp-plugins] Index of /trunk/plugins/CallerId/releases

cheers
    chefkoch

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom