iso resume play using daemon tools (1 Viewer)

galileo65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2008
    Home Country
    having searched a lot it seems some people can get iso's to resume playing from the last remembered position using daemon tools in MP. none of my iso's will do this and always start back at the beginning.

not really a bigee but i saw this work once so it annoys me like crazy. is this caused by the iso's being on a NAS drive rather than local hdd or have i missed something obvious? can i turn this "bookmarking" off if it is simply not possible with mounted iso's?

appreciate any ideas.

J

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I have same issues with playback.

I use Moving pictures

DVD asks me if I want to resume, i choose Yes, but afterwards i get prompted, that a DVD has been inserted.

I have to choose, and then i starts from beginning!

Have anyone got a solution for this.

/Morten

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Resume logic is implemented differently in different portions of MediaPortal, there is not so much of a standard, but at least for Moving Pictures this is a known issue. With Moving Pictures if you stop a ISO/IMG/etc type movie and restart it it should be fine. But if you close MediaPortal then reopen it and then try to restart it, it will fail. Will be fixed in the next major release.

rilly

Portal Member
    August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    msj33 if you go into configuration click on the dvd option then in the drop down menu instruct media portal to never ask but to autoplay dvd

galileo65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Still pretty mystified with my original issue of resume play not working with dvd iso files via Daemon tools lite. Had to reload my entire htpc and suddenly everything was working again. Resume worked, subtitles worked first time when selected rather than the usual 2 goes required. Awesome.

Just loaded a laptop to run as a slave and now this ones suffers from the same gremlins as my orginal htpc before reloading. This made me go back and check every option in both systems; win dvd codec versions, daemon tools versions and settings as well as all the Media Portal options (both on version 1). Everything is the same except one doesn't like resume play (and requires 2 goes to make subtitles work) and one does ( and requires one go only for subtitles to work). Must be a windows setting or some other tweak somewhere.

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Check the DVD navigator used. I did have the same problem with PowerDVD7 navigator and codecs. Working ok here with MS DVD Navigator and MPA/MPV codecs, and MS DVD Navigator and PowerDVD8 codecs.

galileo65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Working now

Thanks JBravo, so simple and it works a treat. Media Portal just gets better and better.
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom