ISO's blank after opening menu (20 century fox..etc..)

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by theruckman, September 2, 2009.

1. theruckman

theruckman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am trying to configure Media Slayer to rip ISO's, it rips them FAST and says "successful". I am using DVD43 (since its free and seems to decrypt my old DVD's just fine (smiley face every time). When I go to play the ISO (configured Virtual Clone Drive in MP config) the movie starts up just fine and shows "20 Century Fox, or "Dreamworks"...any of that stuff that is @ the beginning of any/all movies....BUT when the actual movie starts, it plays audio but no video (black). AND before u ask, I DL AnyDVD, same thing. Weird thing is SOME ISO's play the menu, some don't....I ripped Catch Me if You Can and it plays SOMETIMES and sometimes, blank screen with audio. I am thinking its codecs or whatever. Just want to stick to the ISO deal. I love how fast it rips and no loss of quailty -unless there are any better suggestions.

:D

Scott

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DreD

DreD Portal Member

IKEA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same issue with some movies... Everything is ok until I get to the menu.. sometimes it works by just starting the movie, sometimes by choosing another option in the menu and sometime I have to restart the movie all over..
    I have no idea what it is.. but I feel that it started when I installed the latest version of media portal... I could be wrong though, I hope so..

4. theruckman

theruckman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey man, that post is so old now, found SUCH a better way of doing it. In a nutshell, here's what I ended up doing:

1) DL DVDFab FREE ed
    2) Rip movies that way - choose rip to HD, will dump to a "Main Movie" folder
    3) install Moving Pictures, have it monitor the Main Movie Folder
    3) Bascially u are going to have MUCH less prbs using VOB files with Media Portal than ISO files
    4) ALSO not dealing with the whole "DVD Mounting" prg is great to

hope this helps

Scott

5. DreD

DreD Portal Member

IKEA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for the tip!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!