Issue tuning DVBS2 card while recording (1 Viewer)

aromagno

Portal Member
April 9, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP
Windows Version: Win 7 64
CPU Type: quad 6600
HDD: several
Memory: 3 Gb
Motherboard:
Video Card: ATI 5670
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Technisat Skystar HD2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Technisat Skystar HD2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card: ASUS ES3- 110
3. TV Card Type: DVB-T
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Hotbird 13 E
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

First of all, MANY THANKS for this great piece of software .. you guys rock !
I have only experienced a strange and curious behavior in Mediaportal 1.2.1 – not sure if it is new, I actually bought my second tuner only after updating to the last release.
My HTPC (win 7 64) features two identical Technisat Skystar HD2 DVB-S2 cards. If I watch TV with one card at a time(indifferently first or second card) everything works perfectly. The problems comes if one of the two tuners is busy recoding. In this case if I try to watch TV live with the other card it lets me switch channel for few times, let’s say 2 or 3 times normally, it gets stuck for about 20 second (black screen), and then plays again from when I started live TV until the point in time when the last channel is switched and stop there.:eek:
Looking into the timeshift folder I realized that TVserver generates an additional TVbuffer file which is filled in with the last channel bit-stream but is never played !
Indeed if you open the file with an external media player you see the last channel live. Trying to summarize, in timeshift forlder you see:
- live10-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts filled out with bis-tream of channel #1, channel #2 … channel #(n-1)
- live10-0.ts.tsbuffer2.ts filled out with bis-tream of channel #n
When I change to channel #n Mediaportal reloads live10-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts from time zero and reproduce till its end.
I spent quite some time in the attempt to resolve this trying to be quite creative:
- Changed card drivers
- Using Mantis’ driver instead of Technisat’s only on one of the two to avoid having cards being recognized by TVserver with the same name ( I read somewhere it could cause issues)
- Using all possible combinations of card properties (preferred network provider, idle state, CAM setup …)
- Playing with Timeshifting parameters (filesize and quantity, timers, folders ..)
- …
Needless to say, none of them worked out !
Noticeable enough, the problem appears only when I tune HD channels (either while recording HD or SD channel) apparently only when moving to a different transponder. If the channels (previous and next) are on the same transponder the switch works seamlessly.
Attached my logs.

This is driving me mad :mad: …. Your wise advice and help is very much appreciated !
Many thanks

:D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi aromagno

The issue is here:

2011-11-16 23:44:24.620333 [(22)]: Controller: delete timeshift files C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\Mantis\live10-0.ts

2011-11-16 23:44:24.627333 [(22)]: Controller: delete C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\Mantis\live10-0.ts.tsbuffer

2011-11-16 23:44:24.633333 [(22)]: Controller: Error "Il processo non può accedere al file 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\Mantis\live10-0.ts.tsbuffer' perché è in uso da un altro processo." on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles

2011-11-16 23:44:24.639334 [(22)]: Controller: delete C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\Mantis\live10-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts

2011-11-16 23:44:24.644334 [(22)]: Controller: Error "Il processo non può accedere al file 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\Mantis\live10-0.ts.tsbuffer1.ts' perché è in uso da un altro processo." on delete in CleanTimeshiftFiles

According to Google Translate, the error means that another process is using the files so they can't be deleted. Is it possible that a virus scanner is checking the folder?

mm

aromagno

Portal Member
    April 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    HI mm,
    Indeed there was a program that was blocking the file .. likely it was Mediaportal itself ! I realized all the channels that caused me troubles had multiple tuning details .. and some were no longer valid.
    So I believed what happened is that while trying to decode one tuning (wrong) Mediaportl switches to the following tuning w/o releasing the first ... or at least that is the only reasonable explanation I come up with. Cleaned all the channels from the wrong tunings everything works fine !
    Weird enough this tuning issued happened only while recoding another channel ...:confused:

Thank you for your hint !

Ciao
    aromagno

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom