Issue with BluRay ISO's and Moving Pictures/MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hello all

I am a happy user of MediaPortal 1.0.2 and the latest Moving Pictures version.
    However, one thing is giving me problems: Playing my BluRay iso-files.

I have installed SAF codecs (unlocked) and outside MediaPortal I use PowerDVD 9 to play the BluRay movies with no problems. I mount the iso using Daemon Tools and after a few seconds the movie starts.
    I would however very much like to start the movie from inside MediaPortal - Moving Pictures plugin.
    When I do this, Daemon Tools starts and there is a lot of harddisk activity, but the screen stays at the Moving Pictures view.
    If I look in Task Manager, I can see that the MediaPortal Watchdog is running AND PowerDVD is running. But I am not able to switch to any other task. If I kill the MediaPortal Process, after some seconds, PowerDVD takes focus and the movie starts to play (or I have to hit Resume if I have watched that iso before).

This series of events lead me to think I have configured most things correctly :) But it would make the experience much better if MediaPortal would not fail like that.

I have followed the guide on Configuring Bluray and HDDVD playback - Moving Pictures but I still get this problem. If anyone could provide a little help, I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I gave up on Daemon tools some time ago...try Virtual Clonedrive--its free, fast and has been rock solid for me. The install includes a reference file to point to from MediaPortal to act as Daemon tools in the MP setup.

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    So, you're saying my problem is caused by Daemon Tools?
    I find that hard to believe, since it seems to be working fine outside of MediaPortal - and when killing the MediaPortal process, PowerDVD starts to play the movie.

I'm guessing it is a configuration issue, I just can't figure out how to fix it :)

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a very similar problem.
    Using Arcsoft TMT3 (with plugin) and Virtual Clone Drive.
    All DVD iso files play perfectly.
    But, every time I try to play an HD or BluRay iso, the screen locks on the Moving Pictures screen and I have to use Task Manager to exit MP.
    Weird thing is, looking at my virtual drive with Explorer, the iso file is mounted properly and after restarting MP, I can go to the DVD player and the ISO file plays correctly, bringing up TMT3.

Is this a new issue or a known one?

If needed, I can attach log files as this behaviour happens every time.

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Tamvegas, your issue sounds just like mine.
    I have not tried to go back into MediaPortal after using Task Manager to kill the process. But will give that a try later on.
    Only difference I can spot is, that you are using TMT/Virtual Clonedrive and I am using PowerDVD/Daemon Tools. Symptoms are the same.

A few posts back, Armandp posted a link telling that they are working on solving this issue. Here is hoping we will soon see that fix :)

sgatke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Armandp, great to see it has been fixed.
    Do you know anything about when this will be publicly available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom