Issue with coverart of some movies (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Devs!

With some movies i have an issue with coverart! The wrong one will be shown! I have stored coverart as "folder.jpg" inside the folder e.g. K:\Movies\Wüstenblume\folder.jpg! More covers (Inside, DVD...) are stored in K:\Movies\Wüstenblume\cover\*.jpg!
    Please take a look at the screenshots, that happens! If try to load the right one from file, i get the error message!

Could you please help?
    Best regards

Helios

Attachments

• Bild006.jpg
      Bild006.jpg
      141.2 KB
    • Bild010.jpg
      Bild010.jpg
      8.5 KB
    • Bild011.jpg
      Bild011.jpg
      187.6 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What are you clicking to manually load the cover art? If you enter a local file system address into the popup for loading an image from a URL, it will give you the error you see. Make sure you click the "Load Artwork From File" button. Hover over it for a second to check the tool tip.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Issue with coverart of some movies

What are you clicking to manually load the cover art? If you enter a local file system address into the popup for loading an image from a URL, it will give you the error you see. Make sure you click the "Load Artwork From File" button. Hover over it for a second to check the tool tip.

Hi fforde!

Thanks for your reply! But i have dine it right! An it coccures only with some movies! I attach a screenshot of the folderstructure and the movingpictures.log"

Best regards

Helios

Attachments

• Bild012.jpg
      Bild012.jpg
      56.2 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    I see, perhaps you are right. Looks like the error message when loading from a local file fails is a bit nonsensical at the moment. Can you please attach the image file you are trying to load that fails?

EDIT: Actually I think I see the problem. This is a bit technical, but currently if you load a file from a local source it creates a hash of the filepath and name then saves the new cover as "MovieName [hash].jpg". If a file by this name already exists then Moving Pictures assumes the file has already been loaded and a link may just be missing from the database. It re-adds a link to the old image file and thinks it is done. Obviously confusing behavior if you change your folder.jpg image.

We will get this fixed for Moving Pictures 1.1, but in the mean time there is an easy work around. Just delete all the existing covers for the movie (you can do this easily in the Movie Manager), then try to add the new folder.jpg image again. The new image is conflicting with the storage path for one of the old images, so if you get rid of the old covers you don't want, the issue should be resolved.

Does this make sense?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Issue with coverart of some movies

With your work around the error message is gone, but the wrong cover will be loaded, please take a look at the screenshots!

Attachments

• Bild013.jpg
      Bild013.jpg
      114.3 KB
    • Bild014.jpg
      Bild014.jpg
      135.8 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Well I am not sure what to tell you, that is odd, not the behavior I would expect. I know this is a bit of a pain, but have you tried manually deleting the covers you don't want in your thumbs folder?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Well I am not sure what to tell you, that is odd, not the behavior I would expect. I know this is a bit of a pain, but have you tried manually deleting the covers you don't want in your thumbs folder?

Hi John!

Now i have deleted the whole "\MovingPictures\Covers\Thumbs" folder! But the new generated thumbs are all wrong :confused:! Screenshot is attached! fullsize covers are generated fine!

Attachments

• Bild023.jpg
      Bild023.jpg
      63 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Were these imported automatically? Are these images from inside your Covers folder? Do you have other data sources enabled for artwork downloading and maybe these images are pulled from another source? Where is your movie located in this setup compared to the image files and what's your total file structure like? In general if you are loading automatically via folder.jpg images, it should be pulling the image in the same folder as the movie.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Were these imported automatically?
    Yes!

Are these images from inside your Covers folder?
    It seems so, but i am not sure!

Do you have other data sources enabled for artwork downloading and maybe these images are pulled from another source?
    No, Screenshot of my settings is attached!

Where is your movie located in this setup compared to the image files and what's your total file structure like?
    Screenshot :D

Attachments

• Bild024.jpg
      Bild024.jpg
      76.8 KB
    • Bild025.jpg
      Bild025.jpg
      46.9 KB

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Are you sure you deleted the correct thumbs folder? The folder location changed between versions of MediaPortal so maybe you deleted thumbs from the old folder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom