Operating System issue with fast forwarding in windows 7 (1 Viewer)

itoig

Portal Member
August 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.1
MediaPortal Skin: streamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium x64
CPU Type: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz
HDD: WD 640GB black
Memory: 4GB gskill
Motherboard: ASUS M4A78-EM
Video Card: ati HD4670 512MB
Video Card Driver: newest
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:

MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: MPC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: lain li pc33b
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: anygear
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:hdmi from the ati 4670 to the reciever and then to the tv

wasn't sure where to post this, figured OS section was the best since it happens in windows 7 and not on vista

kind of an odd issue that i can seem to figure out. at first when i loaded up windows 7, mp1.1, and steamedmp .9, i loaded the same codecs as listed in the AVS forum install guide for vista.

after everything was set up, i started to watch a movie (using the video_ts folders with .vobs), everything worked good. so then i tried out watching a TV series episode ( h.264 avi file), it plays fine, but when you want to fast forward past the beginning sequence it doesn't do anything until you hit the fast forward button 3 times, and by then it is a 8x. the first hit (2x) just make it skip a second then play normally, hit it again (4x), continues to plays normal, then by the 3rd time (8x) it fast forwards but doesn't show it advancing until you hit play randomly and you are further ahead.

when i had the same settings in vista home premium sp2 x64, it worked like it should, first press still played sound (funny to watch and listen), but moved at 1.5 to 2x the speed, second press moved everything quicker.

i have tried different codecs (microsoft preloaded ones, powerdvd 9, ffdshow, MPC player, etc) and different codec packages (shark 007, and SAF 4) and nothing seems to work.

does anyone have any suggestions on what i should look at or a setting i am missing? just that and getting multishortcut to work are the only issues i have with windows 7 working like i want it too.

thanks

itoig

Portal Member
August 8, 2009
Home Country
seeing no one else has this issue or not saying they do. does any one else have successful fast forwarding and what codecs are you using? maybe i have this in the wrong forum

jaydubya

Portal Member
November 23, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Home Country
I have an issue where fast forward doesn't work at all sometimes, but not like this.

MediaPortal 1.1 is in development, make sure you are testing with the latest SVN. Try it with the default skin and no third party plugins and see if it still occurs. If you're still having an issue you can put in a bug report here: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-01-31-2010 14-51h - Revision:24923

itoig

Portal Member
August 8, 2009
Home Country
when trying a new version, what is the best way to upgrade? does it involve removing and resetting up? and can it beinstalled over the top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom