[no Bug] Issue with Live TV after installing 1.2beta (1 Viewer)

barry99

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 1.2beta
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP (but issue on default skin too)
Windows Version: Windows 7 professional
CPU Type: Intel pentium dual core e5200
HDD: Samsung HD103UI (1Tb) and WDC WD15EADS (1TB)
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: ASUS P5G41C-M
Video Card: ONBOARD iNTEL G41
Video Card Driver: 8.15.10.2202
Sound Card: ONBOARD REALTEK HIGH DEF AUDIO
Sound Card AC3: ONBOARD REALTEK HIGH DEF AUDIO
Sound Card Driver: REALTEK - 6.0.1.5964
1. TV Card: AVERMEDIA A16A-b
4. TV Card Driver: AVERMEDIA 3.6.0.9 WIN7
MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDSHOW VIDEO
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDSHOW AUDIO
h.264 Video Codec: FFDSHOW VIDEO
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: ANTEC FUSION
Cooling:
Power Supply:ANTEC FUSION DEFAULT
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV: Toshiba regza 42inch
TV - HTPC Connection: Hdmi

Hi All, after having a flawless run with MP 1.12 I decided I would give 1.2 Beta a try (the new skins coming out were just too tempting). Unfortunately I’m getting some pretty strange things happening when i try to watch live TV. When i first turn on the tv in MP, it runs perfectly smoothly and normally, but if I turn it off, and then back on again (either immediately or later on in the day) i get just a split second of tv picture and sound that just keeps looping, or sometimes a black screen, then a 'no program/channel found' message.
In tv server config, if I click preview, I either get picture and no sound (on first attempt) or a preview failed: NoPMTfound message (on second attempt).

I’m assuming the issues come from something with my Avermedia A16A tuner card, i had numerous issues with it until i upgraded to the win 7 beta drivers. But it worked smoothly with MP1.12 release so I’m hoping there is something I can do to get it working here.

The issue happens with all skins and all codecs.

I have tried rescanning all channels and that doesn’t fix the issue. I’ve also tried a fresh install of MP, and reinstalling the tv tuner drivers.

Logs are attached, any advice on what I should do next would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Barry

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Barry

I've moved your thread to the 1.2.0b bug report section - it makes it easier for us as a team to track problems if all the 1.2.0b issues are in one place. I hope you don't mind...

The first thing I'm going to ask you to do is to please have a read of -->this post<-- and see if changing that setting resolves your issues.

Best regards,
    mm

barry99

Portal Member
    January 23, 2006
    Thank you so much MM, changing that setting to stop did the trick. In all my reading of the wiki I didn’t notice that bit.

That what i love about media portal, great software and helpful developers and community members to ask for advice if anything goes wrong.

Cheers

Barry

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No problem - glad to hear it is sorted. :D

Marking the thread as "no bug"...

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Issue with Live TV after installing 1.2beta

OK - before starting a new thread I'd like to continue with this one ...

Have installed a new Graphic Card (amd 65xx one) and now TV is gone ... in tvserver config when trying to preview I get "nopmtfound" an in MP the attached issue ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom