Issue with Multiple Artists not being pipe seperated in Now Playing (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1
    MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP (SVN)
    Windows Version: Win7 x86
    CPU Type: Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo
    HDD: 500GB Western Digital
    Memory: 2GB Corsair 5400C4
    Motherboard: Intel DG965OT
    Video Card: Gigabyte 8500GT Silent
    Video Card Driver: Latest Nvidia Drivers
    Sound Card: Intel HD
    Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge 2200
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow (Latest Tryouts)
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow (Latest Tryouts)
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Antec 550W
    Remote: Harmony One
    TV: Samsung 55" LED
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

When I enter Now Playing from Playlist view I can see the current artists are pipe seperated as expected.

If you wait for the next song or click next/back the Artists are not seperated correctly anymore. See screenshots for illustration and log attached.

Attachments

• 12-24-27.jpg
      12-24-27.jpg
      198.7 KB
    • 12-24-35.jpg
      12-24-35.jpg
      135.1 KB
    • 12-24-50.jpg
      12-24-50.jpg
      269.6 KB
    • 12-24-56.jpg
      12-24-56.jpg
      221 KB
    • 12-37-57.jpg
      12-37-57.jpg
      266.5 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Offtopic but;

1. It looks like fanart handler is handling the multi artist correctly it looks like it displays images from both artists, is this correct?

2. How do you think mediaportal should handle the artist thumbnail?
      Should it just display the first artist's thumbnail, if the first artist has no associated thumbnail should mediaportal attempt to display the 2nd artist? ... Or does mediaprotal have to have a seperate artist thumbnail for every multiartist combination? (This would be bad)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It looks like fanart handler is handling the multi artist correctly it looks like it displays images from both artists, is this correct?
    Yeah, it seems to pick up the multiple artists ok but possibly mediaportal related issue where it tries to scrape artist with ';':

Issue 101 - fanart-handler - Attempting to get multiple artist scrape twice - Project Hosting on Google Code

How do you think mediaportal should handle the artist thumbnail?
    Should it just display the first artist's thumbnail, if the first artist has no associated thumbnail should mediaportal attempt to display the 2nd artist?
    Or does mediaprotal have to have a seperate artist thumbnail for every multiartist combination? (This would be bad)
    I tried enabling show artists images as well in nowplaying of StreamedMP, and this failed for me when dealing with multiple artists.

I think it should just show the 1st one if available and keep moving along the artist chain until one is available.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, it seems to pick up the multiple artists ok but possibly mediaportal related issue where it tries to scrape artist with ';':

Issue 101 - fanart-handler - Attempting to get multiple artist scrape twice - Project Hosting on Google Code

You should add to the bug tracker that even though it is attempting to search for "Artist1 | Artist2" and "Artist1;Artist2" it still correctly displays fanart from "Artist1" and "Artist2" and maybe link to this thread? Cul8er might find this info useful.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I notice album image is shown in [music: now playing] but not [music: playlist]... Is this because now playing can grab image from idtag if it is missing from MP Thumbs directory?

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Issue with Multiple Artists not being pipe seperated in Now Playing

I can confirm this issue with cuesheets! If i enter mymusicplayingnow and multi artist are not seperated correctly, return to BasicHome and then back to mymusicplaying, artists are seperated correctly! :confused:

Attachments

• 01 - Massenet - Werther.flac.cue.txt
      4.1 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can mediaportal use .cue files, i never knew? =) can you send me a private message with a bit of info as to the naming convection for the .cue / .mp3 files and i will add it to my music guide. also does the audio get added to the database twice (once for entire .mp3 file and multiple entries for the .cue file)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have been looking through the code and and trying to get my head round what is going on without much luck...

Thumbs aside...

Screen 1 - Playlist. Playlist entries shown with "|" and now playing overlay showing with "|"
    Screen 2 - Now Playing. Now playing shown with "|" all ok
    Screen 3 - Now Playing. next artist separated by ";"
    Screen 4 - Now Playing. Now playing artist now separated by ";"
    Screen 5 - Playlist. Playlist entries shown with "|" but overlay now separating artist by ";"

Just odd how it has changed....
    Are you using database views or shares mode ?

update: OK it works the first time then after that it does not... odd but gives me something to look at

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, its ok the first time...but as soon as you go to the next/prev track it doesn't do the replace on the ';' => ' | ' anymore until you go back out of the view and back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom