Issues viewing Music DB (1 Viewer)

quanfer

Portal Member
December 13, 2007
I'm having a few problems working with the My Music feature. I've been searching through the forums and I can't really find a way to solve this. I hope someone can help:

1. When viewing my music DB, it shows the alphabet, and I have to click the letter, then find the artist. For example, if I want to play something by Beatles, it would be under "B", then "beatles". Also, my music is organized by itunes, so its organized as Artist/Album/Track Title. When viewing the database in MP, I have to go through these folders again as well. So, to play a beatles track, I would have click B, then beach boys, then abbey road, then my track.

2. A way I've found so that MP organizes by the ID3 tags is to add it to my playlist. However, I can not sort my playlist by any parameter (album/artist/title). Also, I can not search for songs within my playlists. Is this a feature that MP doesn't have?

I've been using mostly itunes and winamp to play my music before getting MP. Now that I'm building an HTPC, I'm trying to get MP to organize my music as easily as the other programs did, except that now its just looking like an explorer window.

Thank you for any support

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Try to create your own Music View in MP Configuration. I haven't done it myself yet, so I am just trying to stear you in a direction. I have read previously that it can solve that kind of problem. I am sure you will get instructions if you search the forum and the wiki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom