Issues with album art (1 Viewer)

styxelite

Portal Member
August 13, 2006
When viewing the album view in MediaPortal, the albums with album art are all nice, but the one's where the album tag is missing and where there is no album art imbedded into the file, it shows up random album art, like in this screenshot:

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6278/unknownro8.jpg

These "unknown" files are mp3 that are tagged with Artist and Title, but without Album. Also, I would like to have all "unknown" files into one single entry

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
A very first impression: try searching for a file named "unknown.*" in mediaportal\thumbs\ and subfolders and delete it if existing. Slim chance though..

Despot

September 29, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Having the same problem here--small annoyance in an otherwise nifty app. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, when scanning the Music Shares and we find a file with embedded cover art is gets extracted in the form "Artist-Album.jpg" (without the quotes) and is stored in thumbs\music\albums.
    Furthermore, we store it as "Artist.jpg" in thumbs\music\artists if it doesn't already exist.
    And another copy goes as "genre.jpg" in thumbs\music\genres if it doesn't exist.
    in the later 2 directories they are hidden files, so you might not find them, if you don't display hidden files.

What happened in your case was that a file with no Artist and Album info had a "Gary Moore" image embedded, so it git extracted and stored as "unknown-unknown.jpg" in the albums dir.
    furthermore the same picture was stored as "unknown.jpg" in the artists folder.
    This caused now Gary Moore's picture to appear on all unknown artists and unknown albums.
    So in short you need to remove the unknown.jpg from the artists folder.

But you should get one of those Tag-editors, like TGF or ID3-Tagit, etc., and tag your files, at least Artist and Album.

The feeling will be much better.
    I know it is hard work, i tagged all of my 20k files a while ago.
    But using the right tool it is quite easy.
    The editirs mentioned above, would then be able to organise your music lib into a folder structure like Artist\Album\Song.

Believe me, having done this helps a lot.

regards,

Helmut

Despot

September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Excellent, that did the trick. Thanks! :D I fully agree about the tagging, my favorite tag util is EasyTag (http://easytag.sourceforge.net/). Some of the files on my computer don't have a relevant tag, tho, for instance, jam sessions from my musical friends. Nice to know how to get rid of that art...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom