Spannari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    First thanks this great plugin...

I seem to have a problem with this plugin, and the size of its thump
    Just did a clean install of Win7, and installed MP 1.1 with newest SVN.
    Added Moving Pictures, and loaded in the movies. But when i would start MP it fails to cache all the data's.
    I can see that the Moving Pictures thump is well over 2,5 GB, and according to the logs this is the problem.
    If i manually remove Moving Pictures folder from thump MP has no problem starting up at all.

Not sure whatever this is a problem with this particularly plug-in, or MP - or if it has been mentioned before..

Attached the logs.

//Spannari

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Issues with MediaPortal SVN?

What do you mean by thump? If you mean the thumbnail folder these images are loaded one at a time as needed.

EDIT: Your error log has no references to Moving Pictures either...

EDIT2: Upon further inspection I see what you mean about the TexturePacker warning messages in your MediaPortal.log file (and I can reproduce with a recent SVN of MediaPortal). I am not having crashing issues but I am using a smaller test set. I will dig deeper tomorrow but this may be an issue with the latest MediaPortal SVN. I am not sure why it's trying to cache Moving Pictures cover and backdrop artwork, but this does not give me warm fuzzy feelings...

Spannari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

As i said, i didn't know if this was an error in the plugin or MP.

All that i could see, was that it somehow was caching the big "Moving Pictures" folder - something i didn't experience with the same SVN, but 0.7.5 of Moving Pictures before i made a clean install of Windows

Thanks again
    Spannari

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Are you certain you didnt change your MediaPortal version? Or perhaps some configuration setting? The thumbs folder location and population has not changed for quite a while in Moving Pictures...

Spannari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Only difference from now and before, is that i have installed Windows 7 instead of XP.

Can test with an older SVN if it can help resolve this issue...?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Windows 7 uses completely different folders then XP. The "C:\ProgramData" folder for example is where the data files are stored, including those for MediaPortal and the MovingPictures plugin.

Also UAC might come into play, even if you disabled it, the default ACL permissions are totally different and could cause problems with your configuration.

So verify everything to make sure it is configured correctly. You might need to manually edit the XML configuration files, as well as the database files that stored those paths that have to be changed.

PS: Try a backup under XPM (Windows XP Mode) inside Windows 7 otherwise, so you can see the problem is with your OS switch.

sjcato

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007

Believe I am seeing a similar problem. I did a clean install on a new Win7 x64 installation, currently running with 2GB memory. All worked fine using the blue3wide skin (see mplogs0). Then changed to a different skin - BlackGlass 2.0.1 - and MP crashes during initialization - specifically 'Caching Graphics' - then an error message: 'Critical Error Failed to load your skin - Aborting startup - Out of Memory' and it hangs (see mplogs.rar). Many error messages like '2009-12-20 13:34:53.082918 [Warn.][MPMain]: TexturePacker: Texture c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\thumbs\movingpictures\covers\fullsize\{the.meaning.of.life} [-1383108388].png is too large to be cached. Texture 1000x1500 - limit 2048x2048'. Watching the process you can see the memory slowly rising to about 750MB (all that is available) then it errors out.
    Note: Reinstall did not help. Disabling MoPi did not help (didn't want to completely uninstall though.) Seen similar problems with B&W 1080 and Purevision. I guess I will switch back to blue3wide for now - that appears to work fine under 64 bit Windows 7.

Spannari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Exactly the same scenario i am expiring.

Tried a complete un-install of MediaPortal today, and first trying only with the 1.1 beta (no SVN) - Still the same error
    Then tried with the newest SVN - Still the same error

The error happens both in B3W and X-Factor.

There is no problem with the 0.7.5 version

sjcato

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007

Spannari, interesting that b3w works for me but not for you. I have only 187 movies set up right now - my HD collection - now wondering what will happen when I add in the DVDrips - there are a lot more of them. Do you have a large number?

Spannari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Have added around 300 HD movies, and no dvdrips

The problem seems somehow related to the large cover-cache that Moving Pictures have in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs , as if i delete this folder (fills up 3 gb of space) MP starts up just fine - until all the covers has been downloaded again...

But this is only guessings, as i am in no position of finding/locating the error, as i simply doesn't have the skills for that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom