Issue's with current updating system music database (1 Viewer)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I have a few issues with updating the music database and was wondering if there is a solution to this problem:

1: database is full: I notice a id3 tag which is wrong, so I change the tag, and update the share, them the old tag is still present in the database
    2: database is full, after a full rescan, the database appears to look empty,
    3: updating takes up 100% cpu time causing all the fans to start blowing, and thus make a lot of noise,
    4: The new database is case-sensitive, could this be an option to disable?

Could the updating of the database address these issues?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1. This shouldn't happen. Tags always get updated. which tag field you're talking about?
    2. Please explain further. What do you mean by that? As long as the files, which were in the DB, still exist, they shouldn't be removed.
    3. Have to check that. didn't notice that high cpu usage on my system
    4. It was always case sensitive

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok Ill give some clear bug reports per issue and will try to give good samples

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK first thing:

I got 70 Gb of music in database, want to add three new albums.

inside Mediaportal I switch from database view to share, go to the folder, press scan, and the files are scanned.

I switch to the database view and the three new albums are not in the database. No errors is the logs

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I can't confirm.
    When i place a new album into a share and then do a scan from the folder, the share is scanned and all files from the new folders are added.

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK first thing:

I got 70 Gb of music in database, want to add three new albums.

inside Mediaportal I switch from database view to share, go to the folder, press scan, and the files are scanned.

I switch to the database view and the three new albums are not in the database. No errors is the logs

I was having the same problem.
    After some debugging I found out that I had turned off the 'Use ID3 tags / autoadd file to music database (recommended)' option.
    The problem was solved by turning it on again.
    I had it turned off because I don't want music automatically added to the db but the autoadd seems not to occur as long as the monitoring of shares is disabled.

Regards,
    Jan

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had it turned off because I don't want music automatically added to the db but the autoadd seems not to occur as long as the monitoring of shares is disabled.

I'd have to check the code again but this option was formerly also used when playing a "new" file. As playback starts and the file could not be found it was added then.

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    this option is turned off

It needs to be turned on to make the scanning work.
    Please turn it on and check again.

Regards,
    Jan

Thanks Jan that did the trick:

second issue: I renamend all the albums Album Artist basement Jax to Basement Jax so the capitel is changed.

but in a rescan, the artist are added but the obsolete basement Jax is still present in the database

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom