[Approved] [Italian] www.mymovies.it (2009-07-27) (1 Viewer)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've written an IMDB script to get movie infos from MYmovies.it - Il cinema dalla parte del pubblico. Al infos are retrieved in italian.

Compared to my previous yahoo.it script you get a good resolution image for every movie (at least 500 x 700).

The script also collect the following infos:

- Title
    - Year
    - Director
    - Cast
    - Tagline
    - Plot Outline
    - Description (extended plot)
    - User Rating
    - MPAA Rating (an average between the vote of Morandini and other italian movie dictionaries)
    - Runtime
    - Genre

The script does not collect writing credits infos since they're not provided by the site (I think you can live without it).

My advice is to use this script as master and the yahoo.it script as secondary one.

Usage: place the script in %mediaportalroot%/scripts/imdb/.

If you want you can include this script in mediaportal distribution.

Please let me know of any bug you find.

24/11/2008 -> Fixed script to retrieve duration, actors, plot and ratings again. Also limited the number of results to 15 (this is the maximum number of results mymovies shows in a single page). Attached the new version to this post.
    25/11/2008 -> Fixed a problem with cast retrieving
    27/07/2009 -> Fixed script not working anymore due to a mymovies.it site change
    24/10/2009 -> Fixed script not working anymore due to a mymovies.it site change
    09/04/2010 Version 1.0.1 -> Fixed script not getting cover arts and year anymore. Added version in comments.

Attachments

• mymovies_it.zip
      30.6 KB

Cybertex

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ciao Robyf,
    I installed and tried the script; It works great :D

It (and yahoo_it script) should be integrated in SVNs; guessing if any of the dev guys is looking this post, or a requestiID on sourceforge is required...

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ciao Robyf,
    I installed and tried the script; It works great :D

It (and yahoo_it script) should be integrated in SVNs; guessing if any of the dev guys is looking this post, or a requestiID on sourceforge is required...

The Yahoo script is already been included in latest SVN... for this one I will send a pm to make it included... I was just waiting for some feedback.

Roby

Cybertex

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2007
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've found a little problem, but it is site-related, the script is working well.

For movie "Affondate la Bismark!" (with or without exclamation mark, it's the same). In mymovies.it main page, using search box at the top you are able to find the movie. Going to database-> search (the page used by the script), the movie is not found. Weird. However, this is a site problem, and I think it's related only to old movies...

Maybe I'll do some more tests with others old war movies (got a lot of them), just to see...

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I've found a little problem, but it is site-related, the script is working well.

For movie "Affondate la Bismark!" (with or without exclamation mark, it's the same). In mymovies.it main page, using search box at the top you are able to find the movie. Going to database-> search (the page used by the script), the movie is not found. Weird. However, this is a site problem, and I think it's related only to old movies...

Maybe I'll do some more tests with others old war movies (got a lot of them), just to see...

Strange... never had this problem but I have at most new movies.

Let me know if you find other movies that have this problem.

fab70

Portal Member
    February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ciao Roby,
    many thanks for you script!
    We should develop an italian MP site, sooner or later, so we do not need to write in english!!

Bye

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ciao Robyf, uso i tuoi script quasi giornalmente (... grazie ancora:) ) e vanno alla grande.
    Ho notato solo un piccolo difetto quando si scarica da mymovies.
    Praticamente l'anno di uscita del films viene riportato sbagliato in quanto viene messo l'anno corrente.
    Mi spiego meglio, se importo la scheda di un film del 2006, nel database di MP viene importato 2008 (oggi).

ciao
    massimo

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ciao Robyf, uso i tuoi script quasi giornalmente (... grazie ancora:) ) e vanno alla grande.
    Ho notato solo un piccolo difetto quando si scarica da mymovies.
    Praticamente l'anno di uscita del films viene riportato sbagliato in quanto viene messo l'anno corrente.
    Mi spiego meglio, se importo la scheda di un film del 2006, nel database di MP viene importato 2008 (oggi).

ciao
    massimo

Ciao

gli do' un'occhiata appena ho un attimo...

Roby

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom