ITunes Store einbinden (1 Viewer)

Yogi22

December 24, 2011
Hallo,

meine Name ist Jörg und nutze das MP seit kurzem für meinen HTPC und bin begeistert über die Vielfalt des Portals.

Was mir noch fehlt ist eine Video on demand Einbindung wie der Itunes Store. Immerhin ist ITunes zur Zeit einer der Besten Video on Demand Store.

Ist es möglich den Itunes Store als Plugin zu entwickeln um Ihn komplett aus dem MP zu steuern das wäre doch eine Runde Sache. Oder gibt es diese Lösung schon und ich habe sie noch nicht entdeckt?

Grüße Jörg

Hi all,

my name is Jörg and I use since a few days MP, I´m very happy with them and his great options.

Is it possible to write a pluging for MP to control Itunes? I think it will be a good extension to control the ITunes Store in MP for example for Video on Demand. You can load the Video in the Store and watch in MP.
I think the Itunes Store is one of the best Video on demand Provider.

Greets Jörg

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome :)

This is the English part of our forum. Please translate.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @rekenar: he did, post is bilingual.

Yogi22: there is no plugin that can do that, as the iTunes store is a propriety closed source system, which does not expose an API. Apple is not interested in providing support for apple tv competitors. Apple likes to have full control on its environment. Maxdome is the only VoD service that can be integrated, there is a new plugin for that (the old one was shut down due to legal reasons)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @yogi22: there is no plugin that can do that, as the iTunes store is a propriety closed source system, which does not expose an API. Apple is not interested in providing support for apple tv competitors. Apple likes to have full control on its environment. Maxdome is the only VoD service that can be integrated, there is a new plugin for that (the old one was shut down due to legal reasons)
    They provide json API for search thru iTunes Store. So it is not hard to make GUI for it. I thought about it but I don't think it can be useful.

illiloh

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Erlangen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think there is a way to do it.
    Do someone know the Sonos Software?
    http://www.sonos.com/
    I think they read out the Library.xml file too get the iTunes informations and Play it in an external Player.
    Should be a good way too make the same in MP?!

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom