ITunes (1 Viewer)

mejim707

Portal Member
August 14, 2008
Home Country
Yes, I am a brand new noob to all things mediaportal. I just built the media server, installed media center and within 1 day realized media center would not do what I needed it to. So, a day later, yesterday I searched around and came to mediaportal. Installed last night, configured everything (After much hassle with SQL server user auth) and setup mediaslayer. At 3 am I had some of my dvds ripped and accessible in mediaportal! Awesome. Now, I got to thinking, my wife has an IPOD. It's loaded with content. What is the process and plugins needed to get the entire itunes music library viewable in Mediaportal including thumbs for albums. I have read all over different "Solutions" and I know about the ITunes plugin to launch the ITunes app but can MediaPortal simply read the library and play the files? Is this even possible? I need something super easy so users like her can use it without to much trouble. Thanks in advance and please excuse the ramble. Just excited at such an incredible solution. This is most def an app I will contribute to! :D

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Your best bet is just going to be having MediaPortal rescan all of your music and add it to it's own database. As far as I know, there's currently no way to simply convert the database. Depending on how iTunes handles your coverart, you may be good to go. MediaPortal is going to need the coverart for each CD in that CD's folder. If that's not how iTunes does things, then you're going to need to let MediaPortal regrab all of the coverart (or you can manually place the art in each albums folder yourself).

To add your music this way, just open up Configuration and go to the Music section and then select "Music Folders". Add the root folder with all of your music then go to "Music Database" and hit "Update Database from Selected Shares".

mejim707

Portal Member
August 14, 2008
Home Country
WOW! A reply! Thanks for the good info and detail of your reply. I wish my other, more headache oriented, posts would get some replies. Thanks again and I will give it a shot.

JackONeill

Portal Member
April 3, 2008
Zurich
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
itunes is a nightmare...

Hi there..

the problem is the following.. I asked a friend of mine .. he said

for playing and reading the itunes-lib and then controlling the playback you need to access the ipod via the itunes-objects..

otherwise you have to authorize and sync the pc you want to use...

and that is a nightmare... said the programming guy.. as I am just a user ..

I am following Fox Mulder.. I want to believe.. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom