ITV HD Listings (1 Viewer)

keithwhite

Portal Member
August 1, 2008
Home Country
Wales Wales
Thanks, but how do i update the XML files ? I've searched the WIKI and the manual but its not mentioned how to do that except manually

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I guess i should write a xmltv guide one day! ill add it to my to-do list!

You need to use the xmltv program to download and update the files. and schedule it to run ever day or two to get new listings.

keithwhite

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    :D

Hmmm looked into this, to get xmltv to run do i need to install perl and then configure xmltv for the uk ?

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    no need to install per - there should be an executable.

the very rough guide is:
    1. get the latest xmltv executable from: SourceForge.net: XMLTV: Files
    2. run xmltv in the console (dos prompt) and it will tell you to run something like "xmltv --configure uk_radiotimes_tv"
    3. once you do that it will prompt you for which channels you want to download.
    4. once done, anytime you run "xmltv uk_tv_radiotimes" (or something like that), it downloads the listings. You probably need to pipe it into a file by putting "> C:\tvguide.xml" at the end.

if thats all working it can then be imported into mediaportal, and you can then map the channels.

i'll see if i can find time to make a nice how-to.

although what i tend to do is load in the xmltv guide, and then have the over the air EPG overwrite it. so best of both - radiotimes xmltv for 14 days of listings, and over the air that handles last minute changes nicely.

keithwhite

Portal Member
    August 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Thats what happens when you use windows, forget to open a dos box and just run the .exe :oops:

I'll run what you have suggested :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
    I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    i think i am now sorted. was previewing BBC 1 HD, but still setting things up. bit of a learning curve :) found the simple way to reset the data base. pressed clear button when configuring tv channels :cool: a re-scan and all seems ok now. its two steps forward, one step back. thought MP2 was more intuitive than MP1, or is it just...
    i think i am now sorted. was previewing BBC 1 HD, but still setting things up. bit of a learning curve :) found the simple way to...
    New to Mediaportal 2 and the mediaportal TV server, having used Argus in my last MP1 set up. I am having trouble viewing BBC HD...
    Replies
    Views
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up a running mediaportal setup. Without the logs however, I don't have a clue on what exactly is wrong...
    Could be that a sudden powercut corrupts the database, or give all your pcs a new ipadres, or several more things that can break up...
    Hi there, I'm a happy long time user and am currently using MP 1.25. Up until now I had no issues with my setup. Yesterday...
    Replies
    Views
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how MPExtended get this info ...
    I think MPExtended need rework for support this - andrewjswan/MPExtended Maybe better direct select to TV SQL DB? Or look how...
    Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help with the following. I am based in the UK. I have a family member who has a disability...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom