ITV-HD not working since 19510 (2 Viewers)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TV-Server Version: RC2/latest svn
    MediaPortal Version: RC2/latest svn
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
    Windows Version: Vista Home Premium
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
    HDD: Hitachi 500Gb
    Memory: 2Gb DDR2
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L
    Video Card: 256MB MSI Radeon HD 3650 OC
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.6
    Sound Card: Realtek high def
    Sound Card AC3: no AC3
    Sound Card Driver: 6.0.1.5657
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova T 500
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.6b
    2. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova HD S2
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: 4.6b
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffshow
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD8
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Freesat
    HTPC Case: Antec NSK1380
    Cooling: Stock Intel
    Power Supply: Antec
    Remote: MS MCE
    TV: Toshiba 40XF355DB
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

This is a summary of the problem discussed in the following thread....
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/itv-hd-not-working-mp-1-0-0-0-rc2-42436/

Basically ITV-HD no longer seems to work after build 19510. Using a later version than that but replacing the TsReader.ax with the one from 19510 restores ITV-HD to working again. TSReaders after this build had changes to allow some form of dynamic pin binding, perhaps that is part of the problem.

My understanding is that ITV-HD is actually delivered as a H222 stream, dman_lfc added some code to convert this into a H264 stream (convert may be a strong word here I think all the change does is to change the stream type id). Perhaps this is causing some problem with the new TSReader....

How to re-create

1. I deleted my old ITV-HD channel entry and rescanned the Sat channels. That picked up 10510 happily enough.
    2. Renamed the new 10510 as ITV-HD
    3. Installed Coreavc and set that as my H264 codec.
    4. Set logging level to debug.
    5. Ran MP to collect logs
    6. Tuned to ITV-HD several times (no picture).
    7. Recorded a short period of ITV-HD output.
    8. Tried to play the recording.
    9. Quit MP.

I've attached my logs. The interesting entry seems to be in MedialPortal.log it shows the player waiting for and not getting any VRM9 video signal. I'm actually using EVR on Vista, but I've also tried VRM9 with the same results. I've saved the short recording but it is 30MB in size so have not uploaded it. Let me know if you want it...

The attached logs are from a few builds ago, but I (and others), have tested this on later builds with the same results. Let me know if you need updated logs...

Thanks

Andy

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    latest SVN changelog has the following:

Fixed ITV HD workaround causing conflicts with some Australian channels. i.e. SBS Queensland.

Not sure if thats fixing ITV HD, or stopping old ITV HD code from messing up other channels.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Anybody installed and found out if this fixes it?

I'm still on RC1 because losing 1 of only 2 free HD channels available in the UK isn't really a step forward.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Not sure if anyone is still interested but this is still a problem in RC3.... I've managed to get it working again by using old versions of tsreader and tswriter, but this is obviously not the ideal solution. Could one of the devs please comment on the status of this? Is it considered a bug? Is it just not going to get fixed?

Andy

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ITV HD has never been officially supported. It was added by a hack, on looks like it was removed as it caused issues with other types of DVB streams.

Dman might know better if there is any code currently that supports the ITV HD, but at least if some hack is causing issues for the supported types then it is not possible to put that into SVN.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Tourettes.
    Thanks for the feedback on this. Looking at the TVServer log files (using the RC3 tswriter), it looks like there is still some code in there for ITV-HD because it logs that it is forcing the ITV-HD stream to be H264. But certainly things don't work with the RC3 tsreader/writers, the recording seems to get made, but on playback it looks like various pins do not get connected. As I mentioned above, you can get it to work by using old tsreader and tswriter, but obviously this may not be ideal. It would be a pity for those of us in the UK to lose support for one of only two HD channels but I can understand that you would not want to make other channels less stable....

Andy

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    This is why I am still on the version of MediaPortal in my system profile. If one of only 2 HD channels available FTA in the UK isn't supported then it's a show-stopper for upgrading to any other version of MediaPortal.

I don't want to come across as a moaner but just wanted to show that there are users out there in MediaPortal-land looking forward to ITV HD being officially supported.

pigboy306

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2008
    Home Country
    This is why I am still on the version of MediaPortal in my system profile. If one of only 2 HD channels available FTA in the UK isn't supported then it's a show-stopper for upgrading to any other version of MediaPortal.

I don't want to come across as a moaner but just wanted to show that there are users out there in MediaPortal-land looking forward to ITV HD being officially supported.

Too right and with England fottball on ITV HD this even more reason too watch...(if you're English football supporter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom