ITV-HD on Freesat - Need some advice.. (1 Viewer)

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just ventured into the world of satellite TV with MP TV server.
I have been using the TVS for a while with DVB-T here in the UK and its worked well, however i've just moved into my first home and it has a satellite (Sky Digital) dish already fitted, which was great as I'd bought some Technotrend S2-3600 receivers to pickup Freesat.

So last night I plugged everything in and set the TV server to scan Freesat at 28.3 (i think it was..) it came back after a while telling me it had found around 93 tv channels.
After browsing the list I see most of them are the regional channels for BBC1 and ITV, plus there are multiple entrys for channel4 and channel4+1.
I didn't have a whole lot of time to play around with it but in the end there are probably about 60 unique channels (some with just numbers for names..)
I don't remember seeing some of the film channels (true movies etc..) and any of the 'zone' channels.
But most noticibly I don't have ITV-HD :confused: Yet i'm picking up BBC-HD fine.

Can anyone with some experience in receiving satellite tv shed any light on this for me ?
Is my dish mis-aligned, or some other problem ?

I am using MP RC3 and have tried with the latest SVN but no difference..

Sorry for the long post!

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
I think there is also a problem with ITV HD in RC3, I think this has been fixed in SVN but we are awaiting a new RC4 to test!

To get more channels select the Sky option instead of freesat, slightly different frequency you should find more channels, plus loads of guff you will probably delete!

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
Top info from the MP forum as always ;)

Thanks so much guys.. think I do remember seeing a few randomly named channels so it was probably one of those.

Cheers!

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    ITV HD also now can be found here

Frequency : 10832200 Khz
    Symbol Rate : 22000
    Polarisation : LinearH
    SID : 10000

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom