[Evaluate] Jellyfin plugin for MP2 (1 Viewer)

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
July 31, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

Since MP2 has only 1 Client App, I would appreciate if somebody could develop a Jellyfin plugin for MP2 so as to widen the number of Clients for MP2. Thank you for considering my request.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Since MP2 has only 1 Client App, I would appreciate if somebody could develop a Jellyfin plugin for MP2 so as to widen the number of Clients for MP2. Thank you for considering my request.
    There are also ideas for an android (even existing, with limited functionality) and web client. Honestly I’ve never heard about Jellyfish so far. But I’ve to say, that our development resources are not even enough for the existing work packages, so there is only a very low chance to realize your request. We need more skilled and motivated developers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, i just started using MP2.4 and really like it. I saw, that you guys are also working on an alternative TV provider with TVMosaic. Its configuration is easily possible by web browser. It would be great, if the MP2 settings could be alternatively configured by web browser as well. It shouldn’t be too complicated, because every...
    Hi, i just started using MP2.4 and really like it. I saw, that you guys are also working on an alternative TV provider with...
    Hi, i just started using MP2.4 and really like it. I saw, that you guys are also working on an alternative TV provider with...
    Replies
    Views
    For now I'll add visibility conditions in xaml, so at least no gaps or incomplete infos are shown in GUI without existence of AspectWidth or AspectHeight. Downloading the file seems indeed difficult considering long recordings Thanks :)
    For now I'll add visibility conditions in xaml, so at least no gaps or incomplete infos are shown in GUI without existence of...
    The current TV engine (TVE3) for Media Portal 1 and 2 was developed long time before and is not state of the art any more...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    I see a small issue now. When changing the view mode from Grid-Poster to List and then back to Grid. It's always set to Thumbnail. I'm quite sure, that the previous state was remembered before, can it be related to the fix? Additonally on first load the media details are hidden, though the option is not set in media view dialog. Once...
    I see a small issue now. When changing the view mode from Grid-Poster to List and then back to Grid. It's always set to Thumbnail...
    Hi, I have a running MP2 Server/Client in my living room (with a slightly older Version), and now I wanted to setup a client only...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
    I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom