Just 2 Questions, Hopefully they will be easy enough to answer (1 Viewer)

AstraBoyRacer

June 22, 2010
Home Country
England England
Hi MP is absolutly great and blows all its rivals out of the water hands down i cant belive you get so much for free i feel so guilty that i am geting such good software for free because of this i will be making a donation very shortly. I have got a few questions about MP as shown below.Hopefully someone can help me out, i have did searches all over this forum and can't seem to find the information i am looking for so i thought i would post a message.

All aspects of media portal are greate except the music part just wondering is there any thing i can do or load to get more out of the music interfae, such as volume control next track previous track etc. What would be greate is if windows media player features where intergrated into MP.I have had a look at plugins but couldn't find anything is this even possible yet. I just want a little more control over my music lol.

I also have a slight problem with my videos, on a youtube video i saw when the person clicked on the dvd cover it loaded staight into the video. When i click on the dvd cover it opens that folder where i have the different dvd files for that film, just wondering is there any seting i can use to get the player to play the film as soon as i click the dvd cover or is it the way i am copying the movies over.

Any help would be fantastic
Many Thanks :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, and welcome to the forum :)

A bit short of time, but:

Music: Have a look here to optimize the music experience (worth the read) --> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/listen-music-99/guide-music-section-mediaportal-77404/
    Movies: I recommend that you try moving pictures, found here--> Moving Pictures - MediaPortal Forum For TV-series, have a look here --> My TVSeries - MediaPortal Forum

In short: "File browsing" media is no fun - that's why we recommend people to use database, meaning that music must be properly tagged, and videos should have filenames that makes IMDB lookup possible (Moving Pictures and MP TV-series has so good lookup-features that most is found without any problem)

AstraBoyRacer

June 22, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the reply and thanks for closing my other post i registered then posted and didn't realise i wasn't logged in when i posted, by then it was to late and i couldn't delete it.

Thanks for the advice i have looked at the things suggested and they where an intresting read and i will defantly be trying some things mentioned. How ever they didn't really answer my questions. Its probabley my fault in the way i exsplained the question.

With the audio i am basicaly asking if there are any plugins or settings i can do so that i get more of a windows media player feel such as volume control, bass control, treble control, fast forward etc. I have sorted all the tracks out and dont have a problem with them even getting album art works fine. I basicaly want to know if there is any way i can get more control over my music.

with the videos the lists and covers are working fine so theres no trouble with it looking for dvd details the problem i have is when i open the dvd it dont play straight away from the cover i have to select the first file from a list of files the file is called something like VTS_01_0.VOB then under this there will be other VOB files. To get my dvds across to my hard drive i use software called DVD shrink this takes the whole dvd over to my HDD which gives me the files i see apearing in the dvd menu on MP, what i am wondering is there any way of linking the dvd cover image to the first (VTS_01_0.VOB) file so that when i click the dvd cover art it will go staright into the dvd instead of asking me to select whch VTS.VOB file i want to play. an example of what i want it to do can be found on this youtube video a 1:30min YouTube - Mediaportal
    as you can see they click on the cover and the dvd loads straight away is there any way i can do this.

Thanks for any help.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    DVD folder structure must be like this for proper handling:

Folder --MyFilmName
    Folder-- VIDEO_TS
    DVD files --- VIDEO_TS.IFO -->this file is essential for DVD start
    VTS_01.....

In short MyMovie\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO ...... and other DVD VOB, IFO and BUP files

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom