Karaoke Plugin (CD+G) (1 Viewer)

warriv666

Portal Member
September 4, 2006
Hi,

a colleague of mine got me hooked on this technology (Thanks AAL ;-)

I have a possible suggestion for a probably simple plugin to be created off the code for the mymusic plugin. Where the standard MP3 files are read and handled from this plugin, there is probably a quick win to use the same code and use the *.CDG files that can be played within WMP or WinAMP by installing one of the DirectX plugins for Karaoke.

Example: http://www.newfreedownloads.com/transfer-Power-CD-G-Filter.html

I already have this functioning by using the myprograms plugin but it might be a useful thing to create the plugin and extend its functionality as follows:

- Create a directory in which to store the MP3 and the CDG file (same name but different extension).
- Default the player to open the *.CDG file rather than the *.MP3 file
- Allow the plugin to read and use the IDv2 Tags from the MP3-file and display the information in the player screen.

Is someone willing to take on the challenge? I bet there will be plenty of happy Karaoke MediaPortal fans upon completion.

:D

warriv666

Portal Member
September 4, 2006
Guess nobody wants the challenge uh? Wish I could do it myself, it would have been done already. Well anyway... it was just a thought.

jsilva

Portal Member
July 15, 2006
Hi
I have it working like that with the media plugin just treat the cdg files as movies and they will open on your player

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom