Key Mapping changed in MP RC1 (1 Viewer)

mckzoo

Portal Pro
January 15, 2007
UK - Cheltenham
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Prior to RC1 I have been using a Gyration Remote + EventGhost and the KeyboardInputPlugin to successfully control MP. I've been able to map all the remotes keys to control MP. I also found that pressing a navigation key would jump 2 spaces. This was solved by editing Keymap.xml(deleting its contents).

However with RC1, keymap.xml is not present and I get double jumping

A file C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\defaults\keyboard.xml is used to do the mapping

Is there another file I need to edit, or a way to disable the standard keymapping to get this working again, to prevent the double jumping

Many thanks

mckzoo

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is there another file I need to edit, or a way to disable the standard keymapping to get this working again, to prevent the double jumping

No... There is not another file you need to edit...

BUT, with MP1 RC1, the path to the config files has changed... So MediaPortal does not find your customized configuration files.

You can fix this by copying the files to the new directory... (The paths are different for Windows XP and Windows Vista)...

1) click on Start / All Programs / Team MediaPortal / MediaPortal / MediaPortal log-files. This will open an instance of Windows Explorer with the NEW log directory.... Navigate up one directory, and that is the base directory for the MediaPortal configuration files...
2) Copy the appropriate configuration file from the old directory to the appropriate new directory...

In your specific case, you would copy your customized keyboard.xml file from the %MediaPortal Install Directory%\InputDeviceMappings\defaults\ directory to the new Config directory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom