[Finished] [MP2-789] Keyboard shortcuts (1 Viewer)

Man Pang

Portal Pro
May 25, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK, I managed to implement the keyboard shortcuts and it was very simple. I found out in mainform.cs within the function
private void MainForm_KeyPress(object sender, KeyPressEventArgs e) I was able to check the value of key.name and call inputManager.KeyPress. For example:

if (key.Name == "p")

{

IInputManager inputManager = Common.ServiceRegistration.Get<IInputManager>();

inputManager.KeyPress(Key.Pause);

}

I will hardcode the keyboard shortcuts as I have no time to write a utility to allow users to map their own keys. However, I will store the keyboard shortcuts in a C# Dictionary collection, thus map key to action using the dictionary. Somebody else can write a simple utility to allow users to map their own keys and consequently replace the dictionary with the user-defined mappings.

I will commit the code in the next couple of days - need to work out how to commit code in GitHub

Last edited:

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
I will hardcode the keyboard shortcuts as I have no time to write a utility to allow users to map their own keys. However, I will store the keyboard shortcuts in a C# Dictionary collection, thus map key to action using the dictionary. Somebody else can write a simple utility to allow users to map their own keys and consequently replace the dictionary with the user-defined mappings.

I will commit the code in the next couple of days - need to work out how to commit code in GitHub
Thanks! Just sad to hear, that you can not find time to complete an utility for users. Everybody in MP2 project seems out of time.
Is there something you change your mind? :notworthy:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Man Pang
    Would be much appreciated, if you would try a step further. There is no time pressure and as mentioned everybody is really working hard.
    @osre can you not support and you finalize it as a team? :)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 to finalize it, it Needs to be started first.
    I was hoping some of the MP1 developers woulod give me some advice on what to port to MP2 and what not.
    But it Looks like I have to figure that out by my self.

Man Pang

Portal Pro
    May 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For now, I have added a new class that handles the keyboard shortcuts but the keys are currently hardcoded. I think this is good enough to go into MP2 as it is. If I have time at a later date or for a later MP2 version, I can add a utility to enable users to specify their own keys.

I have never used Git before and I am totally at a loss as to how to commit the changes into Git. I created a Git account and spent half an hour trying to commit the code within Visual Studio but without success. Any help on how to commit to Git will be welcome!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I created a Git account and spent half an hour trying to commit the code within Visual Studio but without success. Any help on how to commit to Git will be welcome!
    You can't directly commit before having been invited by the developers to be allowed to contribute.

@morpheus_xx , please consider if you'd like to give him access. At this time I have not yet written the respective Wiki part about our procedures.

Users who are viewing this thread