[Keyboard] Trust Vista Remote Keyboard KB-2950 (1 Viewer)

r_a_s_robin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 6, 2008
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was wondering if anyone has some experience with the use of this keyboard in combination with MediaPortal. Is there a way to asign the buttons at the top to functions in MP? Did you make any changes to the keymapping and how did you do that?

The keyboard i'm talking about:
    Trust Vista Remote Keyboard KB-2950

Trust_KB_2950.jpg

29304.jpg

I like the keyboard because it's small, easy to handle, and most important: cheap. It's biggest disadvantage is the bad wireless connection with the HTPC.

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have the same problem. I am wondering whether it has to do with the fact that I have a non-MCE Vista release...

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Done some testing. The keyboards MCE buttons works under MCE in Vista Home Premium. But not under Mediaportal on the same computer.

BTW the USB driver for the keyboard is called "USB Composite Device" with "HID-compliant Device" and "HID-Compliant Mouse" as mouse and keyboard drivers.

I've managed to get progress with eventGhost to identify the buttons on my laptop where MCE exist and the MCE button works in MCE. Now I can identify the buttons with EventGhost by enabling HID device on all "MLK EP2 Interrupt" in HID-device (I guess you understand what I mean). So now I can trigger button events into Mediaportal (see this thread on another remote for more ideas: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ration-mce-remote-supported-29641/index3.html). Case more or less closed.

Just need to verify that this works on my TV-client with Vista Home Basic also, which I can't do right now since that TV is "production environment" for the childrens TV-viewing...

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK, a short guide how to get it running:

Install eventghost and message_plugin according to this page:
    MediaPortalPlugin - EventGhost

Use the XML within MediaPortal_MediaCruiser.zip as a base config, found on this page:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tips-tricks-128/eventghost-genius-mediacruiser-x10-30756/

Remove the HID-devices from that one and add your own, I added the last two "MLK EP2 Interrupt" lines under "Generic HID" devices to get it running.

Enable "general HID" under Remote in Mediaportal.

Now all buttons shall be working!!!

This can of course be used with some minor tweaks regarding the "HID device lines" as a short guide for enabling any MCE-keyboard...
    ...it took me quite some time to gather all the information needed (follow many threads etc) to realize how to do it. Áll the info should perhaps be gathered in the WIKI???

r_a_s_robin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 6, 2008
    Utrecht
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cool, looks like you've found a way! I might check it out this weekend if i can find some time. I'll let you know if i succeeded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom