KNC DVB-S2 not recognized with newest Driver (1 Viewer)

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
July 6, 2007
La Calamine
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

I just update the Drivers (2.1.1130.0 from 30.11.2010) for my KNC Card.
Update worked fine, but since then, the TV-Server does not recognized the card as DVB-S anymore.
Any idea how to fix it?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    83 KB
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    69.7 KB

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
July 6, 2007
La Calamine
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hmm strange... multiple reboots didn't help.
But a complete shutdown than waiting for 10sec, fresh start and see card is working again :confused:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looking at the first TV Server screenshot it seems like the card has been disconnected from the system (device type "unknown"). This indicates that Windows (*not* TV Server) "lost" the device when you installed the new drivers. If you had tried to detect hardware changes in device manager you would have seen the KNC card disappear (so the second screenshot is not actually correct). My cards (Pinnacle PC-TV 7010ix) disappear quite often. When this happens it usually because they just aren't detected at startup. To fix this you have to power off the system like you did. It seems that Windows doesn't properly redetect devices unless you do that...

Summary: probably a "once-off" Windows issue, definitely not a TV Server or MediaPortal issue

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: KNC DVB-S2 not recognized with newest Driver

Perhaps you both have an AMD chipset based mainboard? I had the same with AMD chipsets. Switching to nvidia chipset or intel chipsets helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] usb tuner not listed DE
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    New install win 11. have hauppauge 955q usb tuner astc. I see it in device manager under sound video game controllers. i did...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom