Knowing That It's Working & Output Device? (1 Viewer)

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've installed the plugin, enabled it in MP Config, is there anything else I need to do? What about the 'Output Device' setting?

Should this be selected as 'Use ASIO Device' or 'Use Windows Device'? If the primary option, what do I select for my 'First Channel' & 'Last Channel'? I'm outputting all my audio via SPDIF to my A/V Receiver. AC3 Filter is passing DTS & AC3 already...

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It all depends on what you want. Right after installation the plugin defaults to the (DirectX) audiodevice as set in Windows control panel. Will always work, but won't give you anything special when it comes to sound quality, just standard windows audio. Of course you can still benefit from features like gapless playback, replaygain etc.

Since you have an M-Audio Rev. and want to use S/PDIF, you could try to use ASIO. That will allow you to 'direct drive' the S/PDIF output and skip any unwanted resampling, mixing and other changes that may otherwise be done to the signal.
    1. Install ASIO4ALL (Elswhere in this forum it's confirmed that the M-Audio Rev. ASIO drivers do not support S/PDIF)
    2. Configure ASIO4ALL to point at the M-Audio Rev.
    3. Set the plugin to 'Use ASIO Device'
    4. Select 'ASIO4ALL' as device.
    5. Select the ASIO channel that matches your S/PDIF left output as 'first channel' and the ASIO channel that matches your S/PDIF right output as 'last channel'. You will most likely recognise them by their names.

Regards,
    Symphy

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What do you mean by the 'M-Audio Rev does not support S/PDIF'? I've always used S/PDIF with AC3 Filter passing through DTS & AC3 for all my DVD's & BD's, the correct lights show up on my Receiver confirming this...?

EDIT: I've just found out that selecting ASIO Devie & L/R SPDIF's does not give me any audio... Is this what you meant by M-Audio do not support it? By installing ASIO4All, will this affect my system in terms of using AC3Filter for movies?

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've just found out that selecting ASIO Devie & L/R SPDIF's does not give me any audio... Is this what you meant by M-Audio do not support it?
    Exactly. Problem is in the ASIO drivers, not in the card or the 'normal' drivers.

By installing ASIO4All, will this affect my system in terms of using AC3Filter for movies?
    Nope it won't, should all work just fine.

Symphy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom