KNOWN ISSUES: Workaround for IMDb+ quirks (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Finally happened to my own setup. Moving-Pictures got confused and kept pointing to an older version of the IMDb+ scraper-script, eventhough the correct latest version exists in the 'scripts' SQLite database table.

Easiest way to fix it was as follows:
    1. Open Moving-Pictures configuration, and go to the "Importer Settings" tab:
      FAQ.MovingPictures.1a_Importer.Settings.png
    2. Adjust the radio button to "Manually Manage" the data source scrapers:
      FAQ.MovingPictures.1b_Manually.Manage.png
    3. Use the "Movie Details Data Sources" button to open the following:
      FAQ.MovingPictures.1c_Movie.Details.Data.Sources.png
    4. Select the "IMDb+" scraper-script entry at the top to highlight it.
    5. Now use the little down arrow next to the '--' icon to select "Delete Selected Data Source"
    6. Close the Moving-Pictures configuration
    7. Launch MediaPortal GUI
    8. Allow for the IMDb+ plugin to reinstall the latest version of the IMDb+ scraper-script (skin dialog should appear)
    9. (I closed MediaPortal and re-started it again, but should not be needed)
    10. Open the IMDb+ plugin screen inside MediaPortal
    11. Use the hidden menu (left arrow on most skins) to select "Force IMDb+..."
    12. Select the entries you want to be back in control of the IMDb+ scraper-script
    The process might take a little while if you have a large collection, but eventually you will be prompted by a skin dialog saying that all the movies have been adjusted.

While in the IMDb+ plugin, you could consider refreshing your entire collection via the hidden menu as well. To update ratings, votes, certification, genres, summary, taglines, etc. That way all your existing movies imported with an older version of IMDb+ also get the new feature info added, such as release_date, collections, plot_keywords, etc. For 'collections' to work you need to add a new dynamic menu entry for it, and for some of the other data you need to ensure your skin has support for it.

I have modified Titan Extended for example to show the following:

5.MovingPictures.Technical.Details.Reworked.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom