Kworld PE360 - SAA7160 chip: getting it to work (2 Viewers)

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Okay, so I have that card with a Philips SAA7160 chip, and I'm trying to make it work with TVE2.

I went from zero to having been able to build a graph in graphedit today, and having the card appear in configuration. Now it says "Unable to create graph" twice. But it's good because I did it all today :)

Okay, to the data.

This is the definition as I got it closest to working. I built it by looking at a couple others, then decided that for the components that appeared in my GraphEdit, the closest one was the Kworld PVR-7134.

Noted in blue are things I wasn't sure of.

<capturecard commercialname="NXP SAA7160, Hybrid Capture Device" capturename="7160 BDA Analog Capture0" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7160&amp;subsys_754217de&amp;rev_01">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="false" mce="false" sw="true" bda="true"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="2"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="7160 BDA Analog TV Tuner0" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="tvaudio" name="7160 BDA Analog TV Audio0" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="crossbar" name="7160 BDA Analog Xbar0" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="7160 BDA Analog Capture0" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="5"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="6"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>

Attached are a copy of the GraphEdit screenshot and my configuration log, which contains a clue to what is happening:

2009-05-12 23:00:26.859375 [Info.][Config Main]: DVBGraphBDA:CreateGraph() connect interface pin->sample grabber
2009-05-12 23:00:26.859375 [Info.][Config Main]: DVBGraphBDA:CreateGraph() create MPEG2-Demultiplexer
2009-05-12 23:00:26.859375 [Info.][Config Main]: DVBGraphBDA:CreateGraph() add mpeg2 demuxer to graph
2009-05-12 23:00:26.875000 [Info.][Config Main]: DVBGraphBDA:CreateGraph() connect capture->demuxer
2009-05-12 23:00:29.609375 [Info.][Config Main]: DVBGraphBDA:Failed to connect Capture filter->mpeg2 demultiplexer
2009-05-12 23:00:29.625000 [ERROR][Config Main]: DVBGraphBDA:Failed to connect Capture filter->mpeg2 demultiplexer

But well, I don't have a "demultiplexer" in the components of my system in GraphEdit. I think this error might be related to what I'm saying about the capabilities of the card in the lines I marked in blue above.

Oh, one thing I did when lifting the card cfg from the 7134 is that I didn't include the last two devices and connections, which were video and audio decoders. I didn't know how to name them, where to get their names from...

With the enclosed graph I can run it in GraphEdit and get TV, only I don't hear no sound. Which is weird bu somehow related on how I don't get it either when I run the Intervideo tv client. Perfect image but no sound, no matter how I try. The Hypermedia program that came bundled with the card does have both image and sound.

Another thing that now is irrelevant but I didn't know at the time is whether you can put any name in the string for "commercial name" or it has to come from how it's called in the Device Manager. I was also puzzled to find out it was called a "hybrid" card, mainly because I don't know what that entails. I thought my card was crappier than a hybrid card (?), as shown by previous performance.
What's a hybrid card???

Well, if someone has a clue to what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate if you could give me a hint :)

Attachments

• my graph 2.jpg
    my graph 2.jpg
    237 KB

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Update: With a little tweaking in the mentioned parts I got MP configuration to stop telling me it's "unable to create a graph". Here's how I did it:

<capturecard commercialname="NXP SAA7160, Hybrid Capture Device" capturename="7160 BDA Analog Capture0" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7160&amp;subsys_754217de&amp;rev_01">
<capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="true" sw="false" bda="false"></capabilities>
<tv>
<interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="0" sectionsandtables="2"></interface>
<filters>
<filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
<filter cat="tvtuner" name="7160 BDA Analog TV Tuner0" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="tvaudio" name="7160 BDA Analog TV Audio0" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="crossbar" name="7160 BDA Analog Xbar0" checkdevice="true"></filter>
<filter cat="capture" name="7160 BDA Analog Capture0" checkdevice="true"></filter>
</filters>
<connections>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="5"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="6"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
<connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"></connection>
</connections>
</tv>
</capturecard>
</capturecards>

Thing is it still doesn't work. I could get to configure and scan channels in MP Configuration, but the little channel preview screen there was black all the time. It did find all the channels though.

And once trying it in MP, I don't get any image, or any error from the client. The My TV screen is always messed up, there's a big black zone covering most of the screen in the Streamed skin, and in BlueWide3 it doesn't work right either.

It would be nice to actually know what I'm doing, or how the card cfg xml works. For example, I don't know what the capabilities mean (mpsw? mce?) or whether my card's driver actually supports BDA. :s

It would be very nice if someone could at least point me to a place where those are explained, along with the other components of the capture cards xml configuration file.

Also, somewhere in the logs after this it still tells me it needs an mpeg2 multiplexer. In GraphEdit I can't find any, at all. I've tried just anything that I can connect to the other stuff, and still I can't improve the graph so far. Would I need to install additional software? The card works fine in other programs, and my graph does get a signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom